My pearls

This is how I usually wears my akoyas. The 2 double strands of akoyas. The one with the amethyst clasp and the one with the citrine and seedpearl clasp.
_20190109_145421.jpg
This is the double strand of akoyas with the amethyst clasp.
_20190109_145506.jpg

Thank you Bweaves, but they are more vibrant and lustrous in real life. Also the lighting makes the photos blurrier, or maybe the lack of light.

No more light, at all, for today. Just had to try on the ripples with the small light blue akoyas.
_20190109_154531.jpg

I love a big and small double. It's something I never would have considered before joining Pearl Guide. Now it's one of my favorite combinations.

Thank you Pattye and BWeaves. It was a sunny day.... Darn winter weather. This is what I had on today. My favorite tahitian tincup, with smaller drop tahitians and a newly remade tahitian enhancer. The tahitian in the enhancer has the most beautiful green color. I also had my mismatched tahitian studs from Oceanscove on, but they are not in the photo.
_20190110_185154.jpg
You can't see it in the photo but some of the drop tahitians has the most beautiful light blue tone. I also think that I should have used a shorter chain with the enhancer, but it was almost 5am and I had to go to work (also didn't want to go upstairs to the safe).

Charlotta, that's really a pretty look, even in winter light :) Love that tin cup; each pearl has it's own unique character ... color, shape ... so nicely put together, it's mesmerizing.

Bought a new golden south sea enhancer from Bob at Pearlsociety. It is so beautiful. I paired it with my champagne south sea studs from TahitiPearldesigner, they are just a bit lighter.
_20190111_180745.jpg
_20190111_180839.jpg
_20190111_180859.jpg

And it's crappy selfietime...
_20190111_181605.jpg
Bought some keshis from Wen Pearls, beautiful luster, beautiful colors, white/bluish and peach/pink... But they smell some. Washed them. Still smelly, almost like the smell in some asian grocery shops, I can't put my finger on the smell really. Now they have some alonetime with a jar of aceton. No way I put those with my other pearls just yet.

The odor is common with keshi that have been freshly drilled. There is some "matter" inside some of them that needs to dry out. Eventually the smell will go away. The string absorbs and holds the smell. Recommend you take the pearls off the string and leave them in the open to dry. How small are the pearls? If they are fairly large, you may be able to isolate the offenders, flush them with a syringe of 50/50 hydrogen peroxide and water, then let them dry. (This tip is from our forum member, Marianne!) Could take a few weeks, maybe less, maybe more, until the pearls pass the sniff test ~

Your new pearl is lovely, love that it is an enhancer!

Thank you Pattye. The keshis are rather small. I will let them dry after the aceton. I try the peroxide if it doesn't work.

The offensive keshis... Now drying...
_20190111_193619.jpg
There were 80 silvery keshis, kitten stole 3 last night, only found 2 of the stolen ones... Kitten steals everything. Bad kitten.

The smell is better now. After some time in aceton, the aceton got slightly yellow (with the white/bluish pearls), put them in another jar with new aceton. Then dried them for some hours. Put a small shotglass of vinegar essence (not the one made from wine) in the middle of the plate and a glassbowl over it (to prevent further pilfering from cat). Vinegar essence soaks up smells. I was worried that the fumes would hurt the pearls but it didn't. This morning I wiped them individually with a soft dry cloth. Then I ran them through silktread for drying them on the inside, also to see if they would color the white silk. The silk is still white, frayed though. I knew that I would find a use for all that left over silktread, haven't used silktread on my pearls since I discovered Pattyes Beaders secret tread. Now I just have to find out what to do with the keshis.
_20190112_130231.jpg
_20190112_130215.jpg

I made a necklace with most of the white freshwater keshis. Its about 24inch or 27inch with the extender. There is a beautiful iridescence on these pearls. Sometimes white, or bluish or a little bit pink. I knotted them with Beaders secret in ivory.
_20190112_144205.jpg
I wirewrapped one of the pearls to make the extender less boring.
_20190112_144121.jpg
With a circled grey, blue tahitian enhancer I bought from Bob at Pearlsociety. Most of my pendants are from Bob.
_20190112_144747.jpg
I have a couple of pearls left. Might wirewrap them or make earrings, don't know quite yet.

Thank you JerseyPearl. I love keshis to. Didn't love the smell though. My tahitian keshis didn't smell.

Crappy selfietime...
_20190112_172103.jpg
My Rikitea strand from Cees. This is my absolut favorite strand. Combined them with my 10mm turquoise green and pink tahitian studs I bought from Wendy at Perlescence.
_20190112_173031.jpg

Back