My pearls

Now I just have to wait for my ripplestrand to come. It's suppose to be greenish.

Girl, you've got it going ON! Wow, every single thing is beautiful! You've got wire wrapping down for sure, that lariat idea is pretty cool. I would never think to knot a strand like that, but if they're heavier pearls it makes sense. Thanks for the inspiration! "Pearl goals" ;)

I've ordered pearls through Kongspearl before, a medium-size ripple pearl strand. I was really happy with the quality, but the colors were way more subdued in real life. I guess its the lightbox they use, or whatever light exposure to bring out undertones. I feel the same way you did, I liked the pearls but they weren't what I was expecting. I will definitely return as a customer, but I think next time I'll ask her to take some pictures on her work bench in normal light? I know I've done that with Wen, and her pics have helped me say yay or nay.

I know I was being a little flippant suggesting you wear all of your pearls together, but I do think that layering some of your strands would be fabulous. I'm sure you have already done this. Always a way to wear more pearls. Lovely pearls.

Judiemcc6, I know that you were only joking. I combine my pearls quite a lot. But my photos wearing those are mostly crappy. At least this time of year.
Cbpearllover, you are right about Kongspearls and Wen Pearls photos. Sometimes the colors are wrong. In this case though I'm happy they were since I wanted a strand that matched those light pistachios south sea studs since I bought them.

Charlotta, you have a good eye for quality when buying online. Mine isn't so good, I'm afraid. My grandfather was born in Bleckinge and the family later moved to Lysikil. He left for America from Gothenburg.

Parrot Lady, we have out summercabin near Lysekil, we accually see the town from across the water when we sit on a patio in the mountains, near the house. We try to sit there every evening when we are there watching the sunset over Lysekil, unless it rains...Its beautiful and Lysekil is a pretty little town. I had/have relatives that moved to america as well, but that was something like 100 years ago.

You have a fantastic collection, Charlotta! I love all your antique clasps. Thank you for sharing!

Recently I bought a strand of blueish akoyas from Wendy at Perlescence. They are blue, green and pink but not bright and baroque. The size are around 6 mm or so. I don't remember and the invoice doesn't specify this. Also bought a pair of baroque 7mm blue akoya earrings. One of those with a pull-through chain. I removed thd chain (but saved it for some other project) and put them on shepardhooks. I wanted to see how I liked blueish akoyas before buying something like BWeaves blua akoyas. Also they replace the lavender strand that my daughter pilfered.
View attachment 63967
View attachment 63968
They turned out nice I think.

The earrings are really pretty on the Shepard’s hooks. But may I suggest you pinch the ends together a little bit. It looks like your pearls may slide off the hooks.

Thank you everybody, Sunseeker I will pince the shephardhooks together some. I always puts silikonstops on my dangly earrings so that the pearls cannot escape, but I removed them for the photo. Some photos became a little blurry. If the light are good tomorrow I might retake them. You cannot see the lovely colors on the bluish akoyastrand. I also remade my to drop tahitian strand into a rope. It turned out lovely, but the photos didn't show all the colors, so have to retake them to.
The clasps are one of my favorites to. Would love to have earrings like that, but have never found any.

A truly beautiful and diverse collection of pearls, Charlotta! You definitely have "made them yours" with the beautiful vintage clasps and being able to string! (Sick computer kept me offline for several weeks; it's been replaced, so now I'm back and sort of catching up!)

I am happy my tread is fun for you and thank you all for your kind comments. My gold south sea frog pendant arrived. It's beautiful.
_20181212_112216.jpg
I bought it from Bob at Pearlsociety. This is his photo.
_20181212_112043.jpg
And with my golden strand from Cees and my new golden studs from Oceanscove. The new studs perfectly matches the strand. I am glad that it did. The champagne studs are from Tahitipearlsdesigner.
_20181212_112501.jpg
And with my greenish strand from Kongspearl and the beautiful light pistachio south sea studs from Wendy at Perlescence.
_20181212_112540.jpg
One more of the frog.
_20181212_145534.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, that frog is adorable. If you're a Doctor Who fan, you could call it The Solitract (cue the episode that aired last Sunday night).

Beautiful pearls, Charlotta, thank you for sharing.

So I did restring the drop tahitians into a rope, addes some other droppearls I had on hand. It's now 107cm or about 42 inches long. I am sure that I took at least 50 photos on them today, but light is wrong. The colors don't show up as well as I wanted so I add the previous photos of the 2 strands I combined.
_20181212_134635.jpg
_20181212_140130.jpg
_20181212_140154.jpg
It is more fun as a rope, then I can admire the colors whenever I want.
This one shows the colors a bit.
_20181212_141410.jpg

BWeaves, I have to admit that I have never watched Dr Who... But I have heard of it. Might have to give it a go.
Thank you Happy huka and Pattye. I've gotten a good use of my Beaders secret Pattye. I used forest in the drop rope. I can actually use forest, navy or taupe if I want. They all go great with my tahitians. I used taupe on my greenish south sea strand, I tried gold, wich I used for the dark golden strand, but had to change it for taupe. I held them up against the Beaders secret chart but mint and aqua seemed to cold and kiwi a bit green. Do you have any suggestions Pattye? Taupe looks great though.

Those drops look great! I always call drop pearls like that "potion bottle pearls." :D They look great!

Love the frog pendant!! Goes so well with your Goldens. Great job on restringing the T's! I just love a good Tahitian rope!!

Back