My pearls

My dropshaped tahitians. The longer strand is from PearlParadise. I bought this strand in 2014. The shorter strand is from Wen Pearls. They really look great together. The dropshaped earrings I made from drops I bought from Druzydesign. I recently restrung these with Beaders secret in forest. I'm thinking about making these two strands into a rope. I don't use them as much since I bought the Rikitea strand.
My dropshaped tahitians. The longer strand is from PearlParadise.
The shorter strand is from Wen Pearls. They really look great together
 I recently restrung these with Beaders secret in forest. I'm thinking about making these two strands into a rope
The colors on these drops are insane.
The colors on these drops are insane

I could definitely see those combined as a rope! That's the great thing about knowing how to string your own pearls-- the ability to redo our older pieces in new ways.

My akoyas. All vintage. Some were broken or needed restring. Thats how I learned to string. I bought Pearl and bead stringing with Henrietta. I also found a blog, Linda's art barn. I bought supplies on ebay and then I practiced. I found Pearl guide after that. First I have a 7mm akoya strand with a white silver clasp with a diamond on it. These pearls are great. The clasp is made 1990, the same year as my son was born. I bought it from Ronaldogem in 2013 or 2014.
7mm akoya strand with a white silver clasp with a diamond
The next strand is a baroque akoya strand with a silver and marcasite clasp. I found them in an antique store in sweden.
baroque akoya strand with a silver and marcasite clasp - found in an antique store in sweden
Then my golden triple akoya necklace with a gold and citrine clasp. I love this clasp.
golden triple akoya necklace with a gold and citrine clasp
It's like marmalade.
golden triple akoya necklace with a gold and citrine clasp It's like marmalade.
Then my triple necklace with a gold, akoya and aquamarine clasp. Beautiful clasp. The pearls are very iridecent.
 triple necklace with a gold, akoya and aquamarine clasp
A double strand of akoyas and a citrine and seedpearl clasp.
double strand of akoyas and a citrine and seedpearl clasp
This double strand with an amethyst and pearl clasp is another favorite.
double strand with an amethyst and pearl clasp

Wow! It just keeps getting better! I love the different clasps you have

Thank you Pearldreams and AndrewM. I will try to make the drop tahitians into a rope tomorrow. If I don't like it I can always change it back. I search a long time for special clasps, then I found tahitians. But I still love them and used one of them on my Rikitea strand.

Thanks for sharing your collection, Charlotta. Wonderful pearls all, but those Rikitea Tahitians are super special.

Wow, what a wonderful collection. Thank you for sharing. I can't even pick a favorite anymore. They're all beautiful. And I love the clasps.

Thank you everybody. I don't think that I can wear them all at once... would probably not have a long enough neck (haha). Also haven't shared my +100inch freshwater strand yet, there is also the 60 inch freshwater strand...I might topple over...

You have an amazing collection, Charlotta, and lots of variety. Where do you live in Sweden?

Charlotta, I can see the drop Tahitian pearl necklace making a spectacular rope with all the colors they have. I think I need to come play in your jewelry box. Those antique clasps are TDF!

What a gorgeous collection! I love all the clasps too!

Thank you for everyones kind words. Parrot Lady, I live near Gothenburg. No pearls to be found anywhere, eccept for the occasional vintage akoya strands. There are pearls in the jewelryshops, but they usually jumble freshwaters and akoyas together and the prices are insane. Mostly I shop online. I have become really good at reading photos. I have been collecting for 8 years or so when I bought my first vintage akoyastrand on ebay, I used the clasp on my rikitea strand. The pearls on this one were not in the best condition, being probably worn a lot by the previous owner. My daughter rescued those pearls when I took the clasp. I made her a choker with them. Otherwise she isn't really into pearls eccept for a really bluish lavender strand that she asked for and got along with matching studs. Anyway the pearlsituation in sweden is really dismal, unless one knows the queen (I don't), she had wonderful pearls.

So some ropes then. These 2 freshwater ropes I bought years ago. The 100+ inch have creamier pearls about 6-7mm I think. The 60inch have more white pearls and are about 8-9mm. The pearls are better in the longer rope. I have restrung both of these, it was not fun.
First the 100+inch one.
00+ inch - creamier pearls about 6-7mm
And the 60inch.
 60inch have more white pearls and are about 8-9mm
I haven't worn these on years, it gets a bit much for everyday. Both of them.
100 inch and 60 inch
100 inch rope, 60 inch rope

Last edited:
Recently I bought a strand of blueish akoyas from Wendy at Perlescence. They are blue, green and pink but not bright and baroque. The size are around 6 mm or so. I don't remember and the invoice doesn't specify this. Also bought a pair of baroque 7mm blue akoya earrings. One of those with a pull-through chain. I removed thd chain (but saved it for some other project) and put them on shepardhooks. I wanted to see how I liked blueish akoyas before buying something like BWeaves blua akoyas. Also they replace the lavender strand that my daughter pilfered.
strand of blueish akoyas from Wendy at Perlescence and a pair of baroque 7mm blue akoya earrings
strand of blueish akoyas from Wendy at Perlescence
strand of blueish akoyas from Wendy at Perlescence and a pair of baroque 7mm blue akoya earrings
They turned out nice I think.

Last edited:
My copper strand of freshwaters and a rose lavender one. The smaller one is the rose lavender one. Also a pinkish sapphire necklace I sometimes use as chain for pendants. The pearls are from Pearllunar.
copper strand of freshwaters and a rose lavender one from Pearl Lunar
The smaller one is the rose lavender one. Also a pinkish sapphire necklace Pearllunar

Last edited:
Forgot some earrings yesterday. First some akoyas. I have more but don't use them.
_20181212_145341.jpg
Then a pair of peacock 8mm tahitians I bought from PearlParadise years ago. I didn't like the findings so use these shepardhooks instead. The blue lavender ones I use on the same hooks. I started a collection of these but didn't get further.
_20181212_145418.jpg
Lastly I have a pair of silvery baroque tahitian studs, 8mm, this use to be a ring. I loved the ring but one of the pearls kept falling of. I reglued it until I recently lost my patience and into the aceton the ring went. The pearls detatched from the ring not long after that and a small silver pin fell out of the troublesome pearl. The pin on the ring had broken and was much shorter on one side. So I made the pearls into studs. Very nice colorshifting on the pearls. The aceton I found at out summercabin, quiet old I think but strong, is amazing at detatching pearls.
_20181212_145503.jpg
_20181212_150815.jpg

Last edited:
I also forgot my single akoyastrand yesterday. I use to have a collection of these, but made a tassel of one, earrings with another, a tincup for my mother and gifted some away. It's a beautiful graduated strand with a silver and marcasite clasp.
_20181212_145303.jpg

Last edited:
Back