My pearls

Thank you AndrewM, they sure do look like potion bottles, sometimes I wonder how the can form such a long, thin "bottleneck".
Thank you 86Corvettegirl, I do love that pendant, it's so fun and the pearl i it is so luminous. The rope turned out great, I like the lenght to. Now I get so much more use out of it.

I bet that T is gorgeous in person. Some of the colors are showing up and they look great! And that frog is so cute!!! He's got character!

Thank you amti, the frog is really adorable. I'm very pleased with the tahitian rope, the colors are so interesting when I can look at them all the time. It's a good lenght to, I can easily wrap it twice around my neck, but prefer it as a rope.

I can see lots of beautiful color in your Tahitians. You have a lovely collection of GSSs. That frog is adorable!

My ripples arrived from Kongspearl. Beautiful cooltoned pastel pearls, a bit big though, 13-15mm. I first just did string them and put a clasp on them. But I wanted the option of making it longer, so I restrung it with 2 dolphine lobsterclasps that works like orbitclasps almost (have no orbitclasps and also not that much patience, orbitclasps are a months shipping away) added a chain with 3 o-rings on it and prettied it up with a tahitian pendant (former stud I transformed, lost the other stud). The clasp is somewhat tricky to open because of the pearls size. I tried to wirewrap some of them, didn't like it, tried little gold spacers, didn't like that. I wanted the pearls to have a clean look. I still think that they are a wee bit big but maybe they grow on me. Love the colors on them.
_20181218_110254.jpg
_20181218_111020.jpg

Last edited:
Played around some with my pearls. These lavender rose smallish pearls looks pretty good with the ripples. I might use them as spacers.
_20181218_112720.jpg

I also have these 2 ropes, the larger one is made of circled south sea pearls and tiny freshwaters. The smaller rope is my copper freshwaters eith even smaller freshwaters.
_20181218_113327.jpg

And look at the luster on these. My greenish 10-12mm south sea strand from Kongspearl and my 8-9mm rope from Wendy at Perlescence.
_20181219_124857.jpg

Last edited:
I made a tourmaline and tahitian strand today. It was totally inspired by BWeaves Oceanscove TNT strand, though BWeaves strand is more beautiful. I used purply brownish baroque tahitians that I bought from Wendy at Perlescence, the tourmalines are from ebay. It's about 27 inches long.
_20181219_124022.jpg

Charlotta- love the greenish pearls. Your new pearls may be big, but they have great luster and color. Try wearing them around the house, you may come to love them.

Charlotta: As I was scrolling down and drooling over everything, I hit your TNT strand and immediately went, OOOOOOO. Nice!

BWeaves, I have to admit that I have never watched Dr Who... But I have heard of it. Might have to give it a go.
Thank you Happy huka and Pattye. I've gotten a good use of my Beaders secret Pattye. I used forest in the drop rope. I can actually use forest, navy or taupe if I want. They all go great with my tahitians. I used taupe on my greenish south sea strand, I tried gold, wich I used for the dark golden strand, but had to change it for taupe. I held them up against the Beaders secret chart but mint and aqua seemed to cold and kiwi a bit green. Do you have any suggestions Pattye? Taupe looks great though.

Charlotta, Just seeing this today, so sorry! Love all your beautiful pearls and how you've personalized and transformed them! the frog pendant, precious!

To your question about the greenish SS strand, I just got a small baroque strand in a similar color, though yours may be a bit greener. (Mine seem to have a lot of silver.) Glad the TAUPE works with your strand! You might check out BRASS, also CORK, FOG and OAK. I agree, some hues just won't go at all! Thanks so much for using Serafil Thread and sharing the colors that work for you! I've ordered a new bronze shade, which should arrive in the next 10 days, it might work also, we'll see.

Last edited:
Thank you Pattye, I will take a look at those colors. Taupe works, but then taupe goes with everything (except maybe white pearls, might try that). I used taupe on the ripple strand as well.
Thank you Bweaves, the tourmaline and tahitian strand is even prettier in real life. I did string it with Beaders secret in forest to bring out the green in the tourmalines.
2thdktr, I will try wearing it around the house. Your right, maybe I just have to get used to it. I usually wears smaller pearls. I remember when I bought my 8 mm akoya strand, I thought that it was a bit big, before I only had graduated strands.

the larger one is made of circled south sea pearls and tiny freshwaters

I love that rope.

Yup, Rose is my new favorite Beader's Secret color. I wasn't sure if it would be too dark or too pink, but it's a just right color.

Yes, the Rose is nice as it seems to just blend in nicely. It doesn't call attention to the knots . I was hesitant as well .. I had one card of it in about a kilo of BS colours so it's been sitting around awhile. Looking at it on the card it does seem darker ( probably why I hadn't used it) but it's great and not dark at all. I'm so glad you used it and mentioned it here !

What a wonderful collection you have! Thank you for sharing your pieces with us.

As always, I'm envious of one who can string. As always, I have no intention of learning.

You have a great variety of pearls, and a nice clasp collection. I think the Rikitea pearls are gorgeous, and the greenish SS strand is really interesting and alluring!

Wear your pearls in good health!

Thanks ennui, Bas, Bweaves and Katbran. Beaders secret in rose might be good with the ripples. Have to order some next time I order tread. I need some needles as well.

Back