My pearls

Thank you Pattye and Gemandpearllover, the baby ripples has a slightly creamy tone so I am thinking about either something pastelly like peach and pink etc or something really contrasting. I have to get my leftover stash out.

Charlotta I love Ripples, and your new creamy colored Ripple strands are divine. The luster and color are amazing.

Those new ripples are wonderfully crinkly and lustrous.

Thank you AzFlyGirl and SydK. I am going to play with them this weekend, but I might have to order some more pearls.

I was playing around with my pearl pile today and putting my new creamy white ripples from Pearlescence with them. I think that the ripples look really good with the autumn colored dyed akoyas I got from Wendy at Pearlescence earlier this year. Normally I prefer natural color, but the akoyas accually looks great and the dye isn't really visible even up close.
The combination of the creamy white and the mostly burgundy akoyas is really pretty. I haven't decided on a layout yet but I am thinking about a random placement of the akoyas. I also forgot most of my beading supplies at home so I might place them on a temporary strand and string them when I get home tomorrow. First just the ripples.
_20191109_154215.jpg
_20191109_154158.jpg
_20191109_154122.jpg
With the akoyas.
_20191109_154021.jpg
_20191109_153958.jpg

Katbran, I don't really remember but it looks like they are 8-10mm, the biggest is well under 11mm. I measure them whe I get home. The ripples and rhe dyed akoyas didn't work out. They look great next to each other but to busy mixed in randomly, or in blocks. Probably great layered. The ripples might be good with Beaders secret in rose, but since I forgot all tread at home I have to try later. They also might look good with vintage akoyas or rosecolored freshwaters.

Those dyed Akoyas are really pretty, I love the color. Pattye has some Beader's Secret in Plum color that is very close in color to your burgundy Akoyas. That might look nice with your lovely ripples.

Thank you Gemandpearllover, I have ordered plum from Pattye a couple of weeks ago. I probably have them within a week, I will try them then. I ordered a lot of tread any some new colors I haven't tried before, like plum, teal, baby and lilac. It's good to have and the swedish postal service are hopelessly slow.

I combined the white baby ripples I bought from Pearlescence with Beaders secret in rose and some pink tourmalines. It sounds gorgeous, but in reality I didn't like the combination. The ripples are very pretty, I just cannot find the right use for them, but don't worry I will eventually find their right place.
_20191124_120111.jpg
_20191124_120131.jpg

ooooh, how I love your baby ripples!!!! I love that look, love this thread.

Thank you lisa c, the baby ripples has incredible overtones. It's like little rainbows on them. I might try knotting them without the tourmalines though. They probably would look great in a tincup as well.

Charlotta

A couple of years ago I purchased two baby ripple strands from Kojima. I had Sarah make them into a double strand for me. She used a great double orbit clasp which worked well for me. I believe the size of my ripples were 6-8mm. It is one of my favorite necklaces. I have such a passion for Ripples !! I will try to find a picture and post it for you. :D

Charlotta I found a picture I took a year ago wearing my small double ripple strands. I also took a picture of it recently by itself. Thought maybe this might give you another idea. :rolleyes:
Susan selfie 2017 Kojima double strand ripple.jpg

Kojima Mini Ripple Double Strand.jpg

Thank you AzFlyGirl, I might try making a double out of them. Your strand looks great on you. My baby ripples are probably 8-10mm.

The ripples are beautiful. The one thing I learned when having gemstone rings made is that it is best to match gems with the same clarity and saturation of color. I think gemstone beads that have great clarity and sparkle would pair nice with the pearls.

I sort of like the ripples by themselves- Letting them shine and pick up a few colors from your outfits. They are a good size to wear long and with enough presence. They seem to have an almost pastel overtone to them so they might look great with pastel color gems too.

Thank you Gemandpearllover and amti. I don't like them with the tourmalines, I don't like those tourmalines at all in fact. They are a bit murky. I have to try another layout, maybe doubled or as a rope.

I got some new pearls from Wendy at Pearlescence today. What I don't have is good lighting, better photos are week away...First is some amazing colorchanging edisons that Wendy put on some huggie for me.
_20191129_174011.jpg
_20191129_174058.jpg
They are for my rainbow strand since they have all the colors that are in the strand in them. They are really beautiful.
_20191129_174117.jpg
_20191129_174029.jpg
This is Wendys photo, it shows the pearls better.
_20191129_183048.JPG
I got so happy with the huggie that I remade my black and white earrings so that I can use them with the huggie. I added a ring to the pendant cap...
_20191129_173929.jpg
_20191129_173955.jpg
Darn light.

And then I also bought this big tahitian multicolor strand. The pearls are 11-12,3mm and the strand is 19inches after I reknotted it. It didn't need reknotting, it had a perfectly fine orbit clasp and the knotting was excellent. But I wanted it to have the same clasp as my other strands, especially my rikitea strand. When I opened the box the strand was in I couldn't believe how gorgeous it was. It look just like my rikitea strand, but bigger. The same amazing colors and luster, just gorgeous. And the size doesn't bother me at all. It appears that pearlsize only bothers me in ripples...Now I can attatch it to my rikitea strand if I want to. I will try some combinations when I get better photo light, that means the summer cabin. I love this strand.
_20191129_174140.jpg
_20191129_190054.jpg
_20191129_185837.jpg
With my rikiteas, and you all know how colorful they really are.
_20191129_185918.jpg
_20191129_185858.jpg
Some of Wendys photos I borrowed some of them from her Instagram.
_20191129_185710.jpg
_20191129_185643.jpg
_20191129_185634.jpg
I cropped this photo heavily to show the amazing luster.
These are round and the same color as the sausage shaped pearls above.  It leads me to think that th
I am so happy with my new strand. It's way better than excpected. I thought that they would be nice, but not that they would be as nice as my rikiteas.

Back