My pearls

Playing with my pearls again while the light is good. The colors I see in the photos I also frequently see in real life to. Not in sunshine, but I rarely look in a mirror or at my pearls in sunshine anyway. Usually not sunshine in sweden that much anyway even though this week has been nice with warmer sunny days but also very cold night with some nightfrost. So mittens in the mornings when I drive to work and sunglasses when I drive home. I brought some pearls with me to the summer cabin where the lighting is particularly good. Today I used my favorite tahitian tincup with smaller tahitian dropshaped pearls. I got the pearls from Wen Pearls last summer.
_20190419_195631.jpg
_20190419_195556.jpg
_20190419_195528.jpg
_20190419_195500.jpg
Also brought some of my tahitian and south sea studs.
_20190419_200041.jpg

Then I just had to take pictures of my new blue tahitian strand from Pearlescence. It's so gorgeous. The studs are from Pearlescence to.
_20190419_200609.jpg
Then I tried to combined them with my peacock studs, also from Pearlescence. The colors are really different.
_20190419_200549.jpg
The studs are notoriously difficult to photograph. They shift colors constantly in real life.
_20190419_200523.jpg
Then I combined the blue tahitians with my white south sea strand from Cees. I love this strand. Beautiful orient.
_20190419_195702.jpg
The studs and the strand look great together.
_20190419_195812.jpg
The blue tahitian studs are so colorful. Couldn't believe my eyes the first time I saw them. _20190419_195750.jpg
Trying to capture the orient on the white south sea strand.
_20190419_200456.jpg

During my photo time with the pearls not-husband barbequed the meat and kitten glared at him through the door made of small pieces of wood not-husband built so that kitten cannot escape and get hurt and we still get some fresh air. So I continued with the tahitians I bought from Cees. First the baroque tahitians that I combined with some golden south seas, the rest of the tahitian rope I combined with white south seas and I think that I made 2 charms as well.
_20190419_200421.jpg
The dangly earrings I wirewrapped recently to match the strand. Golden south sea pearls and tahitians. The champagne south sea studs in the next photo are from TahitiPearldesigner.
_20190419_200337.jpg
My favorite strand ever, the Rikiteas from Cees. These I photograph all the time, but I use them all the time to. So many colors. Some of the studs I use with it, but any studs go with this strand.
_20190419_200258.jpg
Beautiful green and pink tahitian studs from Pearlescence.
_20190419_200236.jpg
Peacock tahitian studs from Pearlescence.
_20190419_200214.jpg
Glorious mismatched tahitian studs from Oceanscove. These are so shiny, also cannot find a single fault on these. Just perfect. The size is really good to, 8.4mm.
_20190419_200149.jpg

Kitten is fast asleep next to me now after a long day of sitting in the car for more than an hour and then she had to explore the summer cabin for treats or mice or whatever cats looks for. I continued to play with some of my golden south seas. First my deep golden south sea strand from Cees with matching studs from Oceanscove. The strand is 8-9mm and the studs 8mm.
_20190419_200811.jpg
With my frog pendant from Pearlsociety.
_20190419_200644.jpg
My greenish south sea strand from Kongspearl, green south sea studs from Pearlescence and champagne south sea studs from TahitiPearldesigner.
_20190419_201139.jpg
With my baroque golden south sea strand as well.
_20190419_200928.jpg
These 2 strands are so interesting, so many different colors and colorshifting. Green and bluish overtones. They are so alike yet so different in shape.
_20190419_201111.jpg

Well, I was going to comment on the Tahitians being gorgeous, and then I kept scrolling down and they're all gorgeous. I'd love a SS necklace like yours. I still haven't seen "the one" for me yet.

Thank you Pattye and Bweaves. The summer cabin is sort of a lightbox. The walled outdoor room has a see-through roof that allows lots of diffused light. So I always brings pearls to photo. You will find the right goldens for you Bweaves, but sometimes it takes time. The lighter ones looks better with my skintone, they have a cooler tone to. But since the deep goldens are on the smaller side it works. If I buy another one I think that I would choose a medium golden strand, like the pearl on the frog pendant.

I'm with BWeaves ... I was going to comment, and couldn't stop scrolling. You've captured the lovely colors so well ... just beautiful! You have me wanting a south sea strand in green tones, and a blue Tahitian strand ... just magnificent!

Stunning! Thank you for sharing your beauties in such glorious light.

Thank you CathyKeshi and Happy Huka. It was my pleasure, when I first started to try to photograph my pearls it all looked terrible. Then I tried in this room, I hadn't tried before because it reads dark, since it faces north and the sun don't shine in ever (mountains and trees and such block the sun). The see-through roof is magical, but the lighting is pretty good for pearls in the rest of the house as well.

Gorgeous collection Charlotta! I specially love your blues and rikiteas necklaces! I just purchased a pair of blues from Cees to make into earrings and anxiously awaiting its arrival.

Thank you Lilpearl, I saw those blue pairs of Cees at instagram. Beautiful. You have to post them when they arrive.

Such beautiful photos of your wonderful collection, Charlotta. The rikiteas are truly TDF.

Thank you SydK, yes the rikiteas are really my favorite strand. Not that I don't like the others, they are just special. Very versitile, goes with everything, the size is good, 8-11, beautiful colors and luster and good for everyday as well as more dressy occasions.

Oooh! I, too, was going to comment after the first photo, then just kept scrolling. Gorgeous , gorgeous and yet more gorgeous! The Rickiteas have my heart—every time I see them, they take my breath away. Northern light is also great for diamonds. :rolleyes:

Thanks for letting me live vicariously. Your pearls and the photos are outstanding. :)

Back