My pearls

And some armshots of the 5 bracelets that I am wearing today. 3 on my left arm and 2 on my right.
_20210803_160700.JPG
_20210803_160633.JPG
_20210803_160558.JPG
I just added my white south sea keshi studs from Pearlescence to these 5, didn't feel like a strand today.
_20210704_155641.JPG

Love to see them in your wrist...you take great photos, but when worn...they come alive in another way :)

Charlotta, those are so beautiful! I agree, your wrist shots really bring out all of the gorgeous color variations and pearly personalities

Thank you CortezPearls and SurfnSci. They are a joy to wear. And to think that I for the longest time didn't know what to do with those pearls. Even the purple and pondslime freshwater ripple pearl that I didn't like is ok now. And I didn't like that one.

It-s probably the fact that when mixing and matching these disimilar pearls you end up being able to rejoice in their uniqueness...I don-t know, but they sure look BEAUTIFUL to me :07:

Charlotta, those are so beautiful! I agree, your wrist shots really bring out all of the gorgeous color variations and pearly personalities

I'll add my agree to the above and above that! Just love the wrist shots.
Sadly I won't be accepting your Happy Bracelet challenge, Charlotta, I don't wear bracelets but I'll be cheering on from the sidelines.

Thank you Happy Huku, no bracelets yet but I am hoping to see some Happy bracelets soon. I have had so much fun with the bracelets and the drills that I haven't remade a strand in over a week. I did make bigger drillholes on two pretty pearls and I manage to add them to two leather cords but I have yet to knot them. I'm sure it's simple enough, but I haven't had the time to check it out yet.

Today I learnt how to make sliding knots with my roo leather. I bought navy, dark brown and dark green. On my birthday one of my sisters and my mother bought me a toy goat, an inside joke since I wanted a giftcertificate from my favorite swedish cashmere webshop Soft Goat. I got the giftcertificate and a soft toy goat. I named him Bäärtil, since swedish goats says bää according to childen. I made Bäärtil a navy leather with a white south sea pearl necklace. The pearl has some blue and green stripes in it. Here is Bäärtil with his necklace. He appriciates the high quality of the roo leather and the lustrous pearl.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210808_152020.JPG Views:	0 Size:	355.3 KB ID:	455770
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210808_152130.JPG Views:	0 Size:	317.2 KB ID:	455771
The necklace is possible to transform into a bracelet for me should Bäärtil get tired of it.

Last edited:
My leather endevors continues. Those sliding knots aren't all that difficult to do. This time I added a big south sea pearl from Pearlescence in the middle and arranged 4 tahitians on each side in an ombre fashion, like I normally do. Not a perfect ombre. The tahitians are all from Pearlescence except for the two smallest ones, they are from Druzydesign.
IMG_20210810_161033_434.jpg
_20210810_155826.JPG
_20210810_154926.JPG
_20210810_154856.JPG
And a dreaded selfie...haha
_20210810_154806.JPG
And now maybe an ombre bracelet with tiny tahitians...but first dinner

Oh how pretty Charlotta! So wonderful that you have your own drill too! I see many beautiful leather creations to come!

Thank you eolian pearls, that pearl drill is really good to have. Especially for making really big drillholes or for example making a drillhole on some studs so that I can add a dangling pearl to it. I do need to practice that for a bit first and I probably needs some findings as well. And it's fun to use. With safely precations. I have the dremel drill to enlarge drillholes just a bit, like I did with all those freshwater keshis for my bracelets. I must have enlarged 50 drillholes last week if not more. Those keshis didn't even have 0,8mm drillholes

More leather creations but first a slight detour. I made another wavestrand. I had all those lovely small tahitian 7-8mm pearls from Druzydesign in front of me and had sorted out all non-peacocks as per usual. Yep, Dark Blob did meet the dreaded scissors. Then it suddenly occurred to me that peacocks do indeed go well with gold findings and therefore should look good with the last of my vintage golden akoyas.
_20210812_135132.JPG
_20210811_184334.JPG

Then I was back to redrilling drillholes for my leather creations. These are my Sea pieces, I use navy leather and some blue tahitians. Most of the tahitians are from Druzydesign but that really big tahitian is from Pearlescence.
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210812_141206_174.jpg Views:	0 Size:	219.8 KB ID:	455834
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210812_140848_263.jpg Views:	0 Size:	209.8 KB ID:	455835
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210812_134719.JPG Views:	0 Size:	137.5 KB ID:	455837
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210812_134719.JPG Views:	0 Size:	137.5 KB ID:	455837

And yes I did make the pearls off center and slightly irregular on purpose. They didn't look right all tidy. With the others leather creations, the south sea and tahitian necklace, with pearls mostly from Pearlescence and some from Druzydesign and Bäärtils necklace/my bracelet
_20210812_133757.JPG
_20210812_134202.JPG
_20210812_134126.JPG
I wanted to put a single big tahitian on a necklace for Not-husband but he was stubborn as usual. It would look great with his short ponytail=not cut his hair for 1 1/2 years because of corona. It would have given him an piratey look, even more than usual...I think he might keep the long hair, he think it's practical and out of the way...also he gets compliments...

Lovely lovely leather creations Charlotta! I especially love the asymetrical ones!
I do have some smallish Ts from Druzy that I plan to use on leather bracelets but without the drill...it will be a project for when I will be back in my hometown where the drill man has his shop literally next door to my parents house...So in the meantime I will get loads of inspiration from you:)

Thank you eolian pearls. How convinient to have a drillman next to your parents house. I have had a lot of fun with redrilling. Those small tahitians from Druzydesign were easy to redrill, but I had some from Wen Pearls, those really dark ones I bought a couple of years ago, that was hard in the middle. In one pearl the bead inside got lose during drilling. It's drilled but I don't think that I can get a leather cord through it, a needle maybe but it just rolls about. I don't drill all my loose pearls, I arrange them first and then I drill them. I also tried to redrill a pearl with a cracked nucleus inside...well I still can't use that pearl.

Charlotta Your leather and pearl creations are beautiful and so unique (as is all the jewelry you make). And Baartil is the sweetest soft goat I've ever seen. How lucky he is to have his own pearl necklace.

Really lovely Charlotta...and I love the way they look on leather too. Just really like every-day wear, but elegant too.

Back