My Pearls... sharing

Very cool. I also love the idea of not drilling a perfect pearl. What a great way to show them off! And it protects them from getting banged on a table. I'm always knocking my pearls against the edge of my desk or a table when I sit down. I'm trying to remember to hold onto them.

I love the cage look for a perfect round pearl! So easy to change out the pearl for a different look.

Great thread Masik! Lovely collection all, and such a delight to meet you and your family at ruckus :) I'm crazy in love with that pearl cage!!!

What a terrific gold cage, just perfect for the golden pearl and more! Other cages I've seen cover too much of the pearl and are too small; this one is perfect!

Thank you, Pattye!
I know, right? I like it so much I ordered it in WG as well!

Very cool. I also love the idea of not drilling a perfect pearl. What a great way to show them off! And it protects them from getting banged on a table. I'm always knocking my pearls against the edge of my desk or a table when I sit down. I'm trying to remember to hold onto them.

I find we have a lot in common :) I always am so conscious not to bang my pearls. And when I drop them my heart sinks.

The PP "Embrace" pendant is a type of cage. I love mine.

Trying the new type of background. Now I need to play with natural sunlight.
What time is the best to snap pix of pearls?
I do have a lightbox (two even), but I hate how pearls usually look in lightboxes. Kind of dead.

so here are my tries
Tara Pearls Tahitian baroque

P1070739.jpg

P1070740.jpg

Kojima blue Akoya baroque 8.5-9mm

P1070741.jpg

P1070742.jpg

Cees' baby Akoya golden and white, 6 strands

P1070744.jpg

P1070746.jpg

And Akoyas together
P1070747.jpg

I do not know squat about photographing pearls, but really love your circles going round and round and round!

I LOVE the photos, although they are a little bit too bright. You need a little more shade. It all depends on what time of day, north or south facing, and whether it's cloudy. I find cloudy days and shade and morning or late afternoon work best for me, but I'm in Florida.

I LOVE the photos, although they are a little bit too bright. You need a little more shade. It all depends on what time of day, north or south facing, and whether it's cloudy. I find cloudy days and shade and morning or late afternoon work best for me, but I'm in Florida.

Thank you, BW! yes, they are too bright and blues are so hard to capture rightly. I will try a different light. I usually take pix in the early afternoon and we have plenty of son here in CA, if there is an overcast, it is in the morning when the light is too blue to show true colors of pearls. Oh. You reminded me. My camera's battery is fully charged so I'll try it again :)

Trying to make more true colors pix. Blues are HARD!

A project in a pipeline. 36" Kojima strand plus 16" transport hank from pearl society. Waiting for more to create a looooong rope of 8.5-9.5mm blue baroque Akoya.

P1070769.jpg

And another Akoya silvery gray. From Cees

IMG_3928_zps4w8cx6pk.jpg

Back