My Pearls... sharing

Can you show us a close up of the clasp on your ombre' strands, please? It's facinating, and I love what it looks like.

Got the strands today and snapping pix of the harpoon system for you, BW!
First pic is from Cees of the closed HS

Harpoon system.jpg

And mine
The "female" part, drilled through:

P1070698.jpg

The whole thing, taken apart:

P1070700.jpg

Thank you for sharing your amazing collection, Masik! I especially love your 3-pearl pendants (fabulous colors) and those deep gold earrings.

Oh, that's a cool clasp. So many possibilities for hooking them up!

Can you please post a close up of the cage? It looks like a wonderful addition!!!

Can you please post a close up of the cage? It looks like a wonderful addition!!!

oh yes, amti! So many possibilities! I will show with a few other pearls soon. I'd say the 15.2mm GSS is the biggest to fit in this cage. But the smaller pearls won't be so snug and even can "rattle the cage" :)
Here how it works. Very secure clasp and a chain work as additional security - the cage won't open, no way a pearl can be lost!

P1070689.jpg

P1070690.jpg

P1070691.jpg

BWeaves - It looks like a harpoon clasp. You can put the male ends in the pearls on either side and the female parts in the centre . I've not seen it up close so I'm guessing.

Can you show us a close up of the clasp on your ombre' strands, please? It's facinating, and I love what it looks like.

My GSS from Cees have this same harpoon clasp. It is really easy to use. Press together to engage the clasp, squeeze between the pearls to release the clasp.

Attachments

• Harpoon clasp close up from GSS strand.jpg
    Harpoon clasp close up from GSS strand.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 23
Thank you Masik for the closeup. I've seen cages like this before but not so large! I do remember you said it was custom. I'm going to need a super large pearl like yours before I think about a custom cage, but what a gorgeous pearl!!! It looks perfect so I understand why you wouldn't want to drill it.

What a neat cage! And thanks for closeups of the clasp.

Mom's Majorica "Tahitian" pearls had a clasp like that. I love the clasp, but I didn't like the feel of the pearls. They looked great but felt plasticky. Great clasp, though.

Thank you Masik for the closeup. I've seen cages like this before but not so large! I do remember you said it was custom. I'm going to need a super large pearl like yours before I think about a custom cage, but what a gorgeous pearl!!! It looks perfect so I understand why you wouldn't want to drill it.

Thank you, amti. The case was not custom, and you do not need such a big pearl to enjoy it worn. I tried it with 10mm, 12-13mm and that big 15mm. 12-13mm looks more balanced. I will show it a bit later. I already amassed a small collection of loose pearls, that I either do not know what to do with just yet or just hate to drill. So this cage is a perfect "house" for them and ever-changing jewel.

Last edited:
I got the jewelry display bust today and immediately went to dressing her up.
I have a little pile of pearls on my desk, so off they went into that golden cage one by one.

My first venture into the world of imperfection. Circled Tahitian, 13.7mm, peacock green

P1070725.jpg

Another T, perfect round, 12mm, green with pink overtone

P1070727.jpg

Sea of Cortez soft drop brought back from Ruckus. LOVE it! It will, probably, end up in a ring, but for now? Caged. 10.5x10mm

P1070730_zpsplvn5giu.jpg

Another Ruckus treasure. Golden "cupcake" from Jewelmer. 12.4mm

P1070736_zpsr2amifit.jpg

And the last Ruckus purchase - deep green/blue T. 10.5mm from PP

P1070731_zpscvanznak.jpg

And finally - Tahitian with pink/bronze hue. 14.3mm

P1070737_zpsw0kwnpfh.jpg

Back