First Pearls Since Finding Forum, and Introduction

MoonSprinkles, Oh, lots of pretty blues and purples on large organic pearls! You'll have fun with these!
I love the colors, they just look fun and happy to me.
Welcome Moonsprinkles! I'm a newbie and the Forum is addictive. Half the fun is drooling over the gorgeous strands you'll see here when the ladies post their pictures.
Thanks! The pearls people post are so gorgeous it's unbelievable! And makes me want ALL the pearls!

Picture!

Picture!

Here is the necklace! The lighting in the picture is not great though. It is just lovely and I actually love the weight of it, and find it rather soothing, so I am not afraid to get large pearls in the future. I am so happy with it, and hope to get more of her pieces.
IMG_20180822_150221087.jpg

The necklace looks great on you, MoonSprinkles! I'm so happy for you that you like the size & don't have to worry about them being too big or too heavy.

Hi, MoonSprinkles. I'm fairly new to the forum and to pearls. While I mostly lurk on the forum, I've jumped with both feet into pearls. I hope you find yourself able to wear your new pearls. To me, wearing a string of pearls feels like a warm and sexy caress.

Yes, pearls have a multi-sensory appeal, smooth and silky to touch and pet, perhaps for some of us, a touchstone which can actually reduce stress.

The necklace looks great on you, MoonSprinkles! I'm so happy for you that you like the size & don't have to worry about them being too big or too heavy.
Thank you so much! I really like them a lot!
Yes, pearls have a multi-sensory appeal, smooth and silky to touch and pet, perhaps for some of us, a touchstone which can actually reduce stress.
I was so surprised by this for me, as a pendant on a chain tends to really bother me where it hits but a bead or pearl necklace where the weight is evenly distributed does not. It like a poke vs. a hug. I have a small son with autism and he likes a firm pressure such as a weighted vest, I guess it is that same principle. And touching the pearls is very soothing you are right!

They look fine on you!
I actually like the feel of elongated pearls on my skin more than round ones. More of the pearl's weight is supported by a wider surface.

"And maybe it sounds silly to wear pearls and other jewelry around the house but I am a stay at home mom so if I only wear things when I go out I never wear them. And I would rather wear and enjoy them, tbh."

Welcome, Moonsprinkles.

I too like the look and feel of non-round pearls, and find weight soothing.
As for wearing them around the house, my epiphany came on this forum years ago when I read a post from LaCorsetiere about her "scuba pearls". With pictures that made my jaw drop. Seeing someone wear a strand of drop-dead Tahitians scuba diving changed me forever.
Now I "don't get out much" (code for kind of reclusive) so I wear pearls out to feed the horses, and do the grocery shopping. Of course when we do go out I pull out everything and overdo. Great fun. If we wear our pearls for our own enjoyment, imo that is a higher use than wearing them to impress. But, I also don't mind impressing and being impressed either!

Enjoy the forum!
Elizabeth

"And maybe it sounds silly to wear pearls and other jewelry around the house but I am a stay at home mom so if I only wear things when I go out I never wear them. And I would rather wear and enjoy them, tbh."

Welcome, Moonsprinkles.

I too like the look and feel of non-round pearls, and find weight soothing.
As for wearing them around the house, my epiphany came on this forum years ago when I read a post from LaCorsetiere about her "scuba pearls". With pictures that made my jaw drop. Seeing someone wear a strand of drop-dead Tahitians scuba diving changed me forever.
Now I "don't get out much" (code for kind of reclusive) so I wear pearls out to feed the horses, and do the grocery shopping. Of course when we do go out I pull out everything and overdo. Great fun. If we wear our pearls for our own enjoyment, imo that is a higher use than wearing them to impress. But, I also don't mind impressing and being impressed either!

Enjoy the forum!
Elizabeth

Thank you so much for your welcome! I am glad to be here. The idea of "scuba pearls" is very impressive indeed, I've never seen anything like that! You sound a bit like me...I am also kind of reclusive (hello, social anxiety) so I just always dress for myself and figure that's enough. I honestly never see anyone else wearing pearls in the area I live in, except for maybe the occasional elderly lady, so I assume most people probably think mine are just beads. And that I am overdressed for grocery shopping and lugging around two kids, lol. But I got used to weird looks about my fashion choices riding a bike around my university campus in a skirt and heels! I live in a very "casual" area of the country.
Besides, I'm sure your horses appreciate you being all pretty for them!

Back