18 months of pearls in one photo

KarinK

Still exhausting and hard work around here and that shows in my pearl collection. I thought I had moved past consolation purchases but I guess not.

IMG_5055.jpg

IMG_5056.jpg

At the top is my older Kamoka strand, then GSSP special, barogue akoya, white Tahitians from the Christmas special and finally blue Vietnamese akoya. Going to give up on getting that deeper blue with pink now. This is second try. Still very pretty, though.

Both Tahitian strand are 18" so they can nestle with the others that are 16" - my preferred length for single strand. Sorry about the quality of the pics. Can't get around to pulling out good camera and Lightroom.

- Karin

Beautiful strands, KarinK. That white Tahitian strand is especially stunning.

I think your bottom photo uploaded upside down!
IMG_5056.jpg

Yeah, it is that iPad thing. Thank you :)

At the moment I mostly wear the dark Tahitians (if any) layered with my Tahitians on cotton thread but I have to say those golden ones are the single most stylish piece of jewelry I own.

I find it a little curious that the 'white' Tahitians and the 'blue' akoya are exactly the same colour, but they look very cool together, nestled, as the colour matches completely but the shapes are very different.

- Karin

Gorgoeus pearls! Is there a thread on your kamoka strand?

It might just be the lighting in the picture, but it looks to me the akoyas are a little more blue, whereas the Tahitians are more silver.
Both are gorgeous, however.

Love, and classic collection KarinK ... wise choices; really all anyone truly NEEDS for 18 months! Hard to imagine any outfit one of these would compliment, no matter how simple, fancy or elegant.

I was asked about a thread for my Kamoka pearls. I can't find one.

Husband bought them for me in 2012 directly from Josh when we visited Portland. At times I have had varied feelings about them eyeing the more multi coloured strands I see here. But I am in my Black period at the moment and the pearls look amazing with black. The multi colour quality is subtle but they lie on my guitar practice table when not worn and I can see the colours. I've strung them myself.

Here are two of the pictures I have (thought about merging the ones from the bracelet back into the strand but undecided):

attachment.php
[/IMG]

Here with the Vietnamese Akoya:

attachment.php

- Karin

Last edited:
Your Kamoka pearls are subtle, elegant and look really lovely on you; I like them with the Vietnamese akoya!

Back