Hot Air Balloon

Hi Ladies, thank you all again for the encouragements and compliments!
So, I am totally eating my words here...who am I kidding? how could I stop at just one?...
I loved the little Rhodolite Balloon so much that I made a second one with green onyx rondelles, dangled with a little neon green apatite on the bottom.

When I completed the original rhodolite balloon, I was exhausted because of the prior trials and the gemstone tassel. But when I made this second one with green onyx, I have figured out the logistics - which direction the wire loops need to face, how many links in the chain, and I ditched the gemstone tassel and opted for a single drop, so it went a lot more smoothly and quickly. I suspect I will make a few more with various colored gemstones before I call it quits!

I am wearing Green Onyx Balloon today with chain made of the same rondelles. And look who came out for a hot air balloon ride! Squueeeeeeee!!!!

IMG_0962.jpg

Fun stuff, Purranha!! These are beautiful and unique. What a cool way to show of some big pearls!

Can't wait to see more balloons in different colors/stones. Will you be adding beads/rondelles on top like some of the Paspaley designs? How about earrings next?

You ladies are serious enablers! dangerous!

JP has already suggested making a balloon with a large baroque blue SSP.
And I've been thinking about a Tahitian version. aaahhhhh!

Yes when I make more I will likely mix different rondelles/paves/beads on the top as well as the dangles.

As for earrings - I know most ladies here have limited neck weight bearing, and that's not the case for me - I want to wear many many many ropes all at once! But, my ears do have low weight bearing limit, so I will either have to find round-ish souffles at the ruckus, or work with smaller sized pearls. So not sure what I'm gonna do with earrings at this point!

Just lovely...have to say, I am partial to the tassel...but the green is lovely too! Since the drama is on the neckline, I say a simple stud or dangle is all you need at the ear...otherwise you'll have to get those shoulder do-ma-gigs sold by Huge Jewelry (I'm still cracking up over that SNL skit that Pattye posted!)

And the best piece of motherly advice: your earlobes are like your liver...you don't need it.

Last edited:
I love your new hot air balloons! You always come up with such great projects, Purranha.

OMG, jewelry you can see from space. Hahaha. And those pearl pendants in the SNL skit? I think that reached maximum pearl shrinkage syndrome.

OK I kinda went off the deep end and made another one. :p
I have this pendant that I haven't worn in ages, and it's a light champagne GSSP long oval with a row of marquis yellow diamond set on top. I made it into a balloon hanging the pendant upside down so the diamonds became the "tail" of the balloon, and I wired an additional drop of orange tundra sapphire at the bottom to complete the look.
When I get bored of this, I can "unwrap" the pendant and revert back to it's original state! :D
IMG_0987.jpg

Back