Another GEM THE BEST "SEANATURAL" South Sea Pearl Ebay Seller pearlwholesale98

I found you don't ask eBay to take things down. You tell eBay to take things down lest they be found liable for theft of IP rights.

File a DMCA on the images ($10.00 US filing fee), then send eBay the takedown order.

Ebay is an American owned company doing business in the USA and as such has to follow any federal laws. I think there is a Federal Trade Commission law that requires anyone selling items that cross state lines (or to another country as well) to have to follow certain interstate commerce laws, one of which may be a law against using stolen photographs or selling items other than what is shown. The FTC can't touch the Chinese seller, but they can certainly touch Ebay. I would see about contacting them, or possibly get a forum member who knows you personally and is a US citizen to contact them on your behalf. I know when we set up the website for the antique mall where I sell many of my items, I actually maintain our website, and in order to accept payments over the internet, we had to follow certain legal rules. Just a thought.

If you ever see one of your images, file a VERO report with eBay. I have a VERO report saved on my computer and whenever anyone sends me a link to an auction with a pilfered image, I submit the the form with the auction number. I don't have to show where the image was taken from or even prove ownership. The only issue is that if the seller were to take legal action against us claiming ownership to the image, we could be liable. We've received threats in the past, but we've never had an auction removed that didn't contain our images, so I've never been worried.

http://pages.ebay.com/vero/intro/index.html

Back