wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210821-152235_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210821-152235_eBay.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20210821-152239_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210821-152239_eBay.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 81
Difficult to say. It could be akoyas and then it could also be imitation. Hard to tell. They are well matchen but I don't see any flaws at all. What does the wendor claim them to be and how much are they?

They're being sold, not auctioned off, it's a 38 inch strand, posted as creamy white, pink hued genuine cultured Pearl's, pre owned, they want 125.00

Well might be akoyas then. 38 inches is really long. Could be worn doubled or as a rope. They don't look worn much since the knots are all white and there aren't any gaps. They could also be imitation. Is there a possible to send them back?

They sure look like Akoya, and like Charlotta I can't see any obvious flaws or imperfections, but I kind of see the shape of some of the pearls is not all that round, kind of ovalish-shaped so they could even be freshwaters.
Ask for the vendor's Return Policy...it could be a good purchase or a really bad one (if they are imitation).

And I mean...for just a couple more dollars you could get a great freshwater pearl necklace (7.5-8 mm), not pre-owned and with great return policy from a reputable vendor (an example) and you are not risking anything.

What kind of clasp? If you don't have a photo of clasp showing any metal marks, ask for one before buying. Karat metal more likely to be cultured FW or akoya pearls, base metal or plate clasp could mean imitation, although nothing is a guarantee, but might provide a clue.

What kind of clasp? If you don't have a photo of clasp showing any metal marks, ask for one before buying. Karat metal more likely to be cultured FW or akoya pearls, base metal or plate clasp could mean imitation, although nothing is a guarantee, but might provide a clue.
As CathyKeshi states: the clasp is an important pointer. And again, with a reputable, well known and established seller you can have complete peace of mind.

Back