Pearls on Etsy

Nugchompa

Has anyone ever bought from pearl seller NHsouthseapearl on Etsy? I know this forum says eBay, but I don't see another good place to ask.

Thanks!

I'm sorry Nugchompa I have never heard of them :(

Yes Nugchompa please tell us how it goes. The more we all know...the better!

Here is what I got. Sold as golden south sea pearl in a gold plated sterling silver pendant with cubic zirconia. The pearl almost looked "too" flawless for a bargain piece of jewelry, but there is a ring imperfection that is basically hidden on the back. Please be brutal if you think I got scammed. I'll admit I took a shot because I doubt I'm an expert at spotting these things, but it seems like it's probably real. Chain has a patch in it, but I would have replaced it anyway.

Etsy: Sold as golden south sea pearl in a gold plated sterling silver pendant with cubic zirconia

The pearl almost looked too flawless for a bargain piece of jewelry

but there is a ring imperfection that is basically hidden on the back

Well, the exposed part of the pearl looks lovely...nice champagne color, good luster too. The setting looks very nice too!
What is not to like there? :)

I am a new forum member. I have been a pearl enthusiast for a few years but I am a novice in my knowledge and experience. I am currently taking the Pearls as One course.

I saw a pearl pendant on Etsy from a seller with good reviews. Here are the photos of the pendant. I am considering buying it. Does it look too thin on some parts? Can you see any problems with it that would make it a bad idea to buy?

Thank you!Etsy: Single Baroque Pearl NecklaceEtsy: large flame ball pearl necklaceEtsy: solitaire pearl necklaceClose up fireball pearl pendantClose up fireball pearl pendantClose up fireball pearl pendantClose up fireball pearl pendantClose up fireball pearl pendantClose up fireball pearl pendantClose up fireball pearl pendantClose up fireball pearl pendantClose up fireball pearl pendant

What I saw on one of the photos is what we call a "chalky spot": a place where crystal deposition is imperfect and may have dull, chalky-white coloration. Otherwise, the pearl is quite nice!

I am a new forum member. I have been a pearl enthusiast for a few years but I am a novice in my knowledge and experience. I am currently taking the Pearls as One course.

I saw a pearl pendant on Etsy from a seller with good reviews. Here are the photos of the pendant. I am considering buying it. Does it look too thin on some parts? Can you see any problems with it that would make it a bad idea to buy?

Thank you!View attachment 465346View attachment 465347View attachment 465348View attachment 465349View attachment 465350View attachment 465351View attachment 465352View attachment 465353View attachment 465354View attachment 465355View attachment 465356View attachment 465357
The thing about pearls (or any jewelry for that matter) is that any unusual piece has to "speak to you." This is a lovely and unusual pendant with great color and such a unique and beautiful shape. Unless it is grossly overpriced or out of your budget, it is a win. You can usually tell if it is overpriced based on similar pieces by other sellers. If there isn't anything like it, then the price point depends on how much YOU want it. Right! I buy unusual pearls and pearl jewelry all the time. Sometimes I LOVE a piece and am willing to pay more, and sometimes I set a price and if it exceeds that, I walk.
If you ended up buying this, you got a beautiful piece! Nice find!

Here is what I got. Sold as golden south sea pearl in a gold plated sterling silver pendant with cubic zirconia. The pearl almost looked "too" flawless for a bargain piece of jewelry, but there is a ring imperfection that is basically hidden on the back. Please be brutal if you think I got scammed. I'll admit I took a shot because I doubt I'm an expert at spotting these things, but it seems like it's probably real. Chain has a patch in it, but I would have replaced it anyway.

View attachment 452825

View attachment 452826

View attachment 452827
If you are wanting to know if the pearl is "real" or "genuine"...I would say consider the setting. Most sellers won't put a high dollar pearl (certainly not a perfect one) in a CZ/Gold Filled setting...but that depends on the seller. Many sellers are marketing pearls with less expensive settings to attract willing buyers. If you like it, GREAT! Buy it, wear it, enjoy it. Just know that when you sell it, the pearl will not sell the piece...the combination of metals/diamonds/pearl quality will set the resale price.

Back