This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ramona View Post
    Long story short, if you are a powerful brand company, Ebay will hunt down the sellers of your product. Otherwise, they do not care about fake stuff. I now have a much higher appreciation for honest sellers on Ebay. Particularly in the pearl field.
    Wow. What a headache. Haven't sold anything on eBay in many years. Would have needed to notify Dr. Seuss! I am sorry that this has happened to you. It's like life just isn't hard enough...they gotta add more grief.

I have a complaint with them on a fake Mikimoto currently listed...no response. Dec. 2011 I purchased a necklace advertised as Miki that came with the Miki box. Paid $325. They are very pretty and I love them. My son encouraged me to put that last winning bid because he wanted them to be from him. He is an Aspergers young man (25 at that time). So I just could not pass them up since it meant something to him...you know? I am a sucker for mushy stuff.

Anyway, I probably paid too much. But this added sentimentality helps me live with that...and I can always sell the stupid box...lol.
    Last edited by Mommy33; 03-22-2013, 03:46 AM. Reason: Forgot a fact

Comment

• Btw, they are not Miki's. Only the box is genuine...I hope, anyways. They are real pearls with a 14kt clasp. Some gentle flaws, but nice luster.

Comment

• I hope you won't sell the box! It will only be used to dupe some other buyer who will think they are buying Mikimoto just because of the box.

Comment

• I promise. Cheating really makes me grrr. I used to keep my two meager strands on a pill bottle, but, since discovering your forum, I found out that I could be damaging them by not laying them flat, so I now use the box. :-)

Comment

• Hi! Do the pearls look like what the seller listed? It’s strange these 3 strands of pre-owned necklaces have the same type of clasp. http://www.ebay.com/sch/Fine-Jewelry...aissancejewels

Comment

• Pattye, if the use of the word omega is banned then that is absurd. You can't claim brand for a simple word.
              Author:Pearls A Practical Guide published by Crowood Jan 2021
              www.pearlsapractical.guide

Comment

• Good for you. The only way to change things is to make it right. Work hard with ethical values and strive for perfect 100% reviews. I am glad you disclosed it.

Comment

Working...
                X