2 eBay Questions this morning... One I think I know

goodluckkitty

Community member
The 5 pearl on a tincup style necklace are an Overstock listing on eBay. Checked out the company "Sugoi" and their shopping cart doesn't even work correctly! Are those black Keshis? Is $55 a decent price or it would be impossible to tell until you saw them? Sterling silver chain.

The other one is listed as a 50s Mabe but I thought it was a blister pearl?

Just trying to learn.

Thank you!

Attachments

• blister1.jpg
    blister1.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 39
  • blister2.jpg
    blister2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 39
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 35
1. Dyed freshwater keshi/reborn pearls; not my taste but they aren't terribly costly if you love them. Are you sure you would get that very one though?

2. Blister pearl, sometimes I see them referred to as blister mabe. It's a blister pearl because the shell is still attached. Mabe pearls are cut away from the shell around the base of them. The shell and pearl form over which nacre was laid are removed, the now- hollow nacre shape is filled and MOP is placed on the back to cover the filling.

I kept thinking about this. The ring has a wrap around shank and says it is marked SHULAMIT 925. All that I can find for that name is an Israeli houseware/ art company - Shulamit Kanter Art Design. Not ready to say it is a Product of China but very suspicious. I actually was not interested in purchasing it, but more if I was correct that it is a blister.

As far as the Overstock necklace, too risky. Gonna stick with PP and other reputable Pearl-Guide approved vendors.

Especially after this weekend when I saw USA based sellers selling FAKE MIKIMOTO!!!! Rampant!

I have never purchased from Overstock, but I do believe they are a legitimate company. I don't particularly like the pearls on that necklace, although it is a personal preference. The ring shank looks like it was cut and filed- thus looks a little sharp and unfinished around the edges to me.

I agree. The prongs don't look right. I would hesitate to buy the rings. Is the nacre scracjed or is the photo

Back