Pearl-Guide Ruckus 2015

Maybe in 2016...our daughter wants to study abroad that summer and DH and I can travel while she's away. Although, he is making noises about a trip to the UK.
We shall see.

Ah, now we know why she was always smiling?. :)

We always smile there because WE ALL have such a GREAT TIME!!! I won't miss it!

DH agreed to watch the girls for the weekend, so I am in for the whole event this time. Woohoo -- I can't wait!

What's a "ruckus"?

I wish all of you that will be attending a wonderful time

Pearl dreams, is the term "ruckus" specific to pearls or could it be any type of yearly get-together where a certain topic is discussed? I had never come across the word "ruckus" before.

It sounds absolutely lovely. I wish I could join!

Pearl dreams, is the term "ruckus" specific to pearls or could it be any type of yearly get-together where a certain topic is discussed? I had never come across the word "ruckus" before....

Not at all-- if you go by the dictionary "ruckus" refers to a commotion, disturbance or controversy! I'm not sure how this term came to be chosen for the get-together.

Maybe it's a happy commotion. :)

It is certainly very very happy -- and quite a commotion!!!

Pearl dreams, haha okay thanks :) Now I know. :)

Jeremy and Hisano -- thank you for providing us with such anticipatory excitement! I can hardly wait for the most marvelous weekend of the year!!!

That is a gorgeous property! It looks like it is very close to PP too. I am so looking forward to that weekend.

I'd really love to go to the ruckus - I watched the videos from previous years and it looked so elegant and like so much fun! But I don't know anyone and am more than just a bit of a wallflower... I can barely bring myself to comment on threads... (but I do read everything).

Oh, we are a very friendly bunch and would welcome you with open arms. Pipe in, my pearl peeps!

I'd really love to go to the ruckus - I watched the videos from previous years and it looked so elegant and like so much fun! But I don't know anyone and am more than just a bit of a wallflower... I can barely bring myself to comment on threads... (but I do read everything).

Believe it or not but we all started out just like you. If at all possible please come because you will be welcomed with open arms and go home and count the days until you will come out and see us all again next year :)

enkeli, you could always go on my behalf and watch every body and every pearl for me if you don't feel like talking!
Like a roving reporter of sorts!
I'd love to go but the geography stacks against me.

Back