Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red
    replied
    I selected one of the Edison drops to be made into a pendant/enhancer. (Sorry, I didn't take my own photo, but I see it here in an earlier photo taken by lilliefuzzysocks. I hope this is o.k. to use. )

I was told that this pearl was selected by Hisano. The luster is amazing, and the color should contrast beautifully when hanging as an enhancer from a strand of green Tahitians.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RedsEdison.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	362176

Leave a comment:

• Red
    replied
    On our return to Pearl Paradise on Sunday, I located more of the unusual, beautiful, and exciting. The Burmese South Sea pearls have already been blogged and photographed on this thread. These two Burmese beauties became mine. They are about 8mm and 11mm.

The larger one has been left at PP with John to become a ring. The smaller one I brought home. Just because it is so gorgeous. Just because I want to look at it and show it off. Just because I want to take my time to decide what to do with it.

Name:	PPBurmese_133307.jpg
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	362175

Leave a comment:

• Red
    replied
    My next stop was to my favorite Tahitian pearls farmers. Kamoka pearls are some of my favorite pieces. I already own a Kamoka harvest strand and bracelet, several pairs of Kamoka earrings, Kamoka pendants and a couple of Kamoka rings. I selected this colorful Kamoka drop set in sterling silver to wear on a sterling bracelet that I purchased last year from PP.

Name:	KamokaDrop_0671.jpg
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	362174

Leave a comment:

• Red
    replied
    I had been holding out on buying an octopus pendant from la_corsetiere until I could see them for myself in person at the ruckus. My choice was a slightly blackened silver octopus with a Tahitian head. I named her "Candi" because the pattern of colors on the Tahitian reminded me of candy stripes. The name ends in "i" to honor her creator Sheri, whose name also ends in "i".

In the first photo, Candi is pictured next to one of my new Sea of Cortez baroque pearls. In the second photo I am wearing Candi by hanging her from a stainless steel chain that I already owned.

Name:	CandiSoc_0751.jpg
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	362172Click image for larger version

Name:	CandiNeck_0747.jpg
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	362173

Leave a comment:

• Red
    replied
    The rest of my Sea of Cortez pearls are loose. Douglas brought several unusual mabe pearls this year that were formed when the rainbow lip oysters were attacked by vampire crabs. At first they thought that the vampire crabs would eat the oysters. But, the oysters defended themselves very well. These mabe pearls actually contain vampire crabs that the oysters covered with nacre. A vampire mabe! That I had to have. It is the large pearl on the right side of this photo.

Next, I selected a baroque pearl that matched my vampire mabe in both surface pattern and color. (Below the mabe in this photo.)

I also purchased a large blue baroque Sea of Cortez pearl that I'm hoping to make into a pendant.

Finally, Douglas allowed me to select a tiny keshi to take home. I think my little SoC keshi has the shape of a sunflower seed.

Name:	SoC_0737.jpg
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	362171

Leave a comment:

• Red
    replied
    This is my second PP ruckus, and I purchased quite a few strands last year. So, I wasn't looking for more necklaces. Instead I focused on the new, exciting, beautiful and unusual. I'm quite pleased.

Let's begin with my Sea of Cortez pearls. SoC is the very definition of new, exciting, beautiful and unusual. I already own a couple of loose pearls, earrings, a ring, and a mabe pendant and earrings. At the ruckus I purchased a SoC bracelet with a mix of cultured SoC pearls and natural SoC hinge pearls. Douglas explained to me that the hinge pearls are natural Sea of Cortez pearls that are found in the hinge region of the rainbow lip oyster. Unlike most SoC pearls, hinge pearls are pure white and lack the characteristic red fluorescence of most SoC pearls.

Name:	SoCBracelet_0750.jpg
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	362170

Leave a comment:

• Red
    replied
    I finally have some of my photos resized. I'll try to avoid a lot of duplication.

I'll begin with a portrait of this amazing woman as we are leaving the mansion. Caitlin, I love those sunglasses! Not to mention those gorgeous new little h geode earrings, and that natural pearl necklace and that unique pearl pendant.

Simply fabulous.

Name:	Caitlin_095229.jpg
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	362169

Leave a comment:

• Lady_Disdain
    replied
    Yes! Thank you so much for sharing so much with us. It was the very next best thing to actually being there.

How was the orient show and tell?

Leave a comment:

• kelluvpearls
    replied
    Ruckus is over already? Thank you so much for sharing your photos, stories and pearls with all of us. I really enjoyed reading every post.

Leave a comment:

• JerseyPearl
    replied
    Thank you all for sharing these most wonderful photos! I am beyond jealous of the sights, sounds, and foods explored...and of course those luscious PEARLS! It is such a pleasure to see these photos and share in the experience virtually. Thank you again.

Leave a comment:

• CortezPearls
    replied
    It was ABSOLUTELY one of the Best Pearl Gatherings ever! It never ceases to amaze me how things can only improve from one year to the next...but when it comes down to the most important thing it has to do with FRIENDSHIP.

Yes, pearls are everywhere and it is the reason why we meet to suffer -and waste away- at the splendid champagne, caviar and food **** we are being offered by Hisano & Jeremy. But I believe that we all ENJOY this gathering so much is because we have all become friends, a small family of Pearl Lovers/Addicts were we can all just talk away and share our passions and dreams.

Jeremy and Hisano have helped to create some more than "just another annual gathering"...with all of us in the picture you can see we are a FAMILY.

And it was beautiful to meet my pearl brothers and sisters, my pearl mothers and aunties yet again. I can hardly wait for next year...it just takes too long for all of us to have such a splendid time.

Thank You Jeremy & Hisano, thank you all for your friendship and for loving my Cortez Pearls too

Leave a comment:

• kojimapearl
    replied
    Hilarious video!~ Glad you're home safe and sound too!

I spent most of the day recovering and writing a blog post about the weekend.
    Thank you Jeremy and Hisano.. and to all that worked so hard behind the scenes to make that I am sure the best Ruckus YET!
    With love from Sarah and Mounir

Leave a comment:

• Pearl Dreams
    replied
    We watched the YouTube video together and laughed to tears!

Leave a comment:

• BAS
    replied
    Lady Disdain -- thanks for the link and laughs!!!

Leave a comment:

• CathyKeshi
    replied
    Oh, NO BAS!!! So glad you are home safe ... rest up

Leave a comment:

Working...
X