Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GemGeek
    replied
    I might just have some Eyris Blue pearls available, including a small gem grade pendant handmade in peach gold.

Leave a comment:

• GemGeek
    replied
    One can always roll up the strand in a paper towel before folding it into the pouch.

Leave a comment:

• KaySD
    replied
    Yes, I remember the straws from last year. That would work for my akoyas, but not the larger Tahitians. I do have some fabric pouches and could put in 1 strand per pouch, but do not want the pearls on each strand to rub against each other. Maybe I'll wrap each strand in tissue paper or fabric and then bag individually. I have an idea of how to design a fabric roll for travel, but do not have time to get the supplies and sew it before next Thursday. The ones I've seen available for sale so far are not ideal for pearl strands

Leave a comment:

• lisa c
    replied
    Yeah, LOL and big hugs, we're a crazy creative group!
    Last edited by lisa c; 07-18-2015, 02:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CathyKeshi
    replied
    lisa c ... yes, BAS suggested straws for storing chains. She also wrapped some of her strands in tissue, and then stored in bags, or leftover containers, if I'm remembering right. I used those ideas for last year's ruckus, and took the straw idea a step further. I used 2 thick straws (think bubble tea or smoothie straws) and ran pearl strands through, fitting the ends together. It was a lot of work, and large pearls don't fit. I think I'll go back to tissue paper around each strand, and then a bag or container ... but always looking for better suggestions

Leave a comment:

• lisa c
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	362005Didn't BAS do something with straws last year, or was that for her chains? If you like pixie stix sugar candy they come in short 250mm (10") plastic straws of 11.5mm tubes, in the States. You could trim the length and use two straws per necklace.

Maybe you can find someone to make up some sheer organza tubes/bags? It's a fairly straightforward sewing job. I'd prefer the organza bags myself, custom length with two open ends so you can clasp the strands.

Does anyone remember the name of the thread where we discussed pearl storage? There might be a link to travel jewelry rolls.
    Last edited by lisa c; 07-18-2015, 02:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• la_corsetiere
    replied
    Low tech solution...you could always pack them inside socks... As long as each strand is isolated, you shouldn't have to worry about clasps scratching pearls. Or even less elegant, individual ziplock baggies...

Leave a comment:

• KaySD
    replied
    I need tips on how to pack strands so the pearls are protected. Last Ruckus, I only had a couple of strands so I just packed them in their original boxes, but I need smaller, lighter weight packaging this time. I'm afraid the pearls will rub against each other and get damaged if I just use fabric pouches.

Leave a comment:

• JerseyPearl
    replied
    Can I say that I am a little bit jealous? Ok...a lot jealous? Will everyone please take photos? Have a wonderful time and safe travels to everyone attending!

Leave a comment:

• newberry
    replied
    Nacred Girl welcome to the wonderful world of pearl happy ruckusers. See you next week

Leave a comment:

• CathyKeshi
    replied
    Look forward to meeting you, Nacred Girl ... last year was my first Ruckus, and it was so wonderful ... so thrilled to be returning this year. You'll love it!

Leave a comment:

• juliebeth
    replied
    y'all have fun now, y'hear? **waving from texas**

Leave a comment:

• KaySD
    replied
    Nacred Girl, welcome to PG! Last year was my first Ruckus and it was so much fun. See you soon!

Leave a comment:

• Nacred Girl
    replied
    I am new to PG and will be attending also! I am very excited to meet you all and see all of the beautiful pearls!

Leave a comment:

• Sea Urchin
    replied
    A pig's head, interesting. I thought y'all would be eating oysters hahaha.

Someday I will go to one of the big events and meet all you lovely pearly people in real life. I am afraid I'll simply go mad from the thrill of seeing that many pearls at once though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X