New Uses of Pearls and Mother-of-Pearl in Medicine

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
I found a new article that was posted (at another specialized site) by forum member George Ventouras Pearling Technologies (BTW, if you ever need pearl farming equipment, be sure to check his company's site: Pearling Technologies) and I thought it surely had to be here on the forum.

It is about the use of Mother of Pearl shell in order to make bone substitutes, for grafting of course, instead of synthetic or cadaveric options. I for one would prefer to have beautiful pearl shell as a bone substitute than a dead person's or some other substitute. ;)

Here is the full article: Broome's mother of pearl shines a new light on the medical industry (uwa.edu.au)

Last edited:
LOL! Maybe we can get a "P-G Group Discount"! I need both knees!

How interesting :shocked:!! Hopefully when I get old and start loosing teeth, I can have an option to graft a specially treated kind of acid-resistant mother-of-pearl teeth. Or, even better, acid-proof pearl teeth, which are nucleated with various teeth shaped nuclei. Hmm, shall I do uniform color, assorted colors or ombre? :33: No worries about the low hardness, 'cause it will be fun to put on a new set every once in a while! :biggrin:

People who see my idea and start researching this business, please guarantee me a lifetime unlimited pearl teeth supply free of charge. ;)

I like your idea of dental implants StarryPearl :D
Finally would have some real "pearly whites"!

I know! It is an amazing industry...and can be amazingly sustainable.
Please do share these news here on the forum when you happen to find them George! Pearling Technologies

Back