Chinese exhibitors in Tucson??

judimcc6

Does anybody know how the coronavirus will effect the Chinese market exhibitors in Tucson? With the limitation of travel in many cities, I was wondering if there might be a definite lack of Chinese pearls at the show.

Hard to know how it will impact Tuscon. More and more travel restrictions in place. I think HK ( poor HK can't catch a break these past 10 months) will suffer . The unrest is still present and the facility wouldn't be a great place to be ... pretty crowded ... just the sort of thing health authorities are warning about.. crowds.

With the Chinese staying away I guess the selection of FWP will be limited then, am I right?

Yes, Cees...I would think the freshwater pearl offerings would be limited. More room for South Sea and Tahitian pearls! There are some companies that have a presence in the US with freshwater pearls, like Majestic Pearl, but there are also so many others that just come to Tucson. We will see.

with the Hong Kong Fair postphoned until mid May many travel arrangments to be changed for buyers and sellers also.

Back