Hong Kong Pearl Fair

I will be exhibiting in the the pearl hall - stand 1D28 but only from the second day onwards. The timing of the show (the day after Jewish New Year) means that I will arrive a day late as I want to spend the holiday with my family. A small taster below ... 2 row natural blue Tahitian .....
thumbnail.jpg

I will be in Hong Kong, and I’m super excited about it!

Everyone show us your finds. I can only live vicariously.

I definitely want to see ALL the finds. is there a good way to reach out and ask to look for something specific among what might show up? :)

Oh, how I would love to be there!!! Have a great shopping trip, everyone! And don't forget your sad friends that couldn't go. Photos and videos of pearls to show how much you care and miss us would be greatly appreciated!

Indeed. I am heading to the Bangkok fair instead next month. Some different wholesalers and stuff. Also wanted a change. It's before HK, and there is so much to see in Bangkok.

There are new rules in Hong Kong due to the trade war between China and the USA.

Things are changing in Hong Kong as well. A new law dictates that any person entering or leaving Hong Kong must make a written declaration if in possession of the equivalent of more than HK$120,000 in cash, or about US$15,200. For those flying from Mainland China to Hong Kong, this law was announced on the plane. We saw more obvious inspections at the Hong Kong airport on a recent trip. And, Hong Kong banks are asking more and more questions about the accounts of diamond and colored gemstone businesses. Big banks are sometimes even forcing companies to close their accounts.

If leaving the EU with more than 10k in Euros or equivalent in £ a declaration has been required for some years - money laundering. It's pretty straightforward. Simple form, dropped into a box at the airport. Never had a problem.
It might make more exhibitors and wholesalers come into C21 and start to accept cards. I know they will accept TTs but only the banks make a lot of money from TTs.

Wendy , it's sort of the same here. There is no limit to the amount of cash you can take in or out of the country, but any amount over $!0.000 must be declared on your customs card that you fill out on the plane. Then they can see it at entry and question you about the cash if they wish.

It seems like most countries as looking into jewelers and gem dealers as it's a big money laundering area. The governments are pressuring banks to clean up their act .

Back