No announcement yet.

Pearl love affair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My other love besides pearls, and even closer to nature since man had no hand in culturing it, is watermelon tourmaline.

Unheated, untreated, just pull it out of the mine and slice it! I'm thoroughly addicted to it.

Comment

Oh Yeah, Pearl Dreams!!
      Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

I love it too.. someday I'll buy some... someday....
        https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
        https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

I've never thought much about why I love pearls, but you are right. There is an inner warmth not found in gems. I've never cared much for gems, but I thought it was because my grandmother owned a jewelry store, so I got jewelry every year for every occasion. I have more sapphires than I care to admit, so I thought I was just burned out on them. But I don't care much for diamonds or other stones. I am delighted by the awesome and unique colors of opals though, even though I never wear my opal ring. So perhaps, I'm drawn into the mysterious colors that cannot be copied by man.

Comment

I can understand. Though I do have a passion for gems (I am a collector and have been since a kid) but there is nothing like a pearl. I don't care for white diamonds, but natural fancy colors are great. I love spinels in all their wonderful colors, garnets are a prize when it comes to color, a great demantoid shines like a star and tourmaline occurs in every color and shade of that color possible (probably more so than any other colored gem) and I can spend hours lost in the microscope looking at internal characteristics, quite cosmic in fact... but through all of that the pearl is in a world of its own, there is nothing like them. Gems have cold hard angles or smooth domed surfaces, but the pearl has a softness and warmth in its color, its shape and its feel, even the baroques, no other gem quite captures that in the same way, pearls and gemstone beads in the same necklace probably best showcases what I mean.

Btw I can relate to overkill. When friends and family learned I liked a particular animal, over the years on every occasion I would end up with it in some form or another…I eventually lost interest. I thought I am going to be an old man with what-nots everywhere. The thought was very kind but my goodness…enough is enough.

Originally posted by amti View Post
            I've never thought much about why I love pearls, but you are right. There is an inner warmth not found in gems. I've never cared much for gems, but I thought it was because my grandmother owned a jewelry store, so I got jewelry every year for every occasion. I have more sapphires than I care to admit, so I thought I was just burned out on them. But I don't care much for diamonds or other stones. I am delighted by the awesome and unique colors of opals though, even though I never wear my opal ring. So perhaps, I'm drawn into the mysterious colors that cannot be copied by man.
            Last edited by BlackPearlDudeDC; 08-17-2015, 09:17 PM.
            No, Midge said, I take it back. I wouldnt get a mink coat the first thing. Know what Id do? Id get a string of pearls. Real pearls. Yes, Annabel said, slowly. I think thats a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.

Comment

Working...
            X