Queen Mary of Teck

Amanda

Queen Mary (Queen Elizabeth's paternal grandmother) was well-known for pretty impressive jewellery on all occasions, and pearls in particular. I've just seen this photo, though, where she outdid any pearl bling I've ever seen!

Mary_of_Teck_4.jpg

While amazing, that must have been seriously weighty to wear, not to mention the corset that is nearly cutting the poor girl in half...

Fantastic! I think I'll style my white rope that way for a change!

I think you'll need several white ropes! That's roughly 16 times round her neck, including the pearl collar.

16 I can't do -- but with 144 inches I'll get a few laps around the neck!

Voila -- 144" a la Queen Mary. Somehow, DH thinks it's too much (tee hee).

a la Queen Mary.jpg

I love the way it falls in waves around the neck and I love how it looks against your skin and the basic black - elegant. I'll bet it would fun to put it through a big pearl shortener so the whole thing was a torsade.

Yes, it is made in three sections, short, medium and long. This is all three worn at once, though separately, not clasped together. I ended up taking off the shortest and medium sections and wearing the long (75", I think) tripled around the neck with one longer strand. I'll definitely wear it that way again.

It looks absolutley lovely on you BAS! But I still think you'd need 3 of them to have a go at matching Queen Mary's pearly overload....

It also looks more comfortable to wear than Queen Mary's dog collar combination. The poor lady looks like swallowing must have been difficult..

Back