The 7 strand natural pearls that sold for over 9 millions $ in Geneva yesterday

Nice to take a peek at such rare treasures.

Pink diamonds in vivid are very rare & large sizes even rarer. Gosh even tiny pink diamonds are pricy. 1 ct vivid pink is many times more $ than white & pinks are rare in good grades so even SI 1 & 2 are costly.

I guess pink diamonds will be even harder to obtain & the price will rise as the Argyle mine in Australia where the modern pinks are found is closing soon. One never knows maybe they will be mined somewhere in the future but looks like for now pinks are close to impossible to find. Argyle vivid pinks seem to have a orange cast but are very deeply colored.

It went for over $71 Millon dollars!!! Probably the largest flawless vivid pink type 2A in existance. Curiously mined from South Africa in 1999. WOW!
A rare type 2A so no wonder it must be glorious to see it in person.

Pink would not be my favorite color diamond. I still think a colorless white & blue would be my preferred i I had millions to spend...LOL

Thanks!!! I never saw this diamond!

The famous pink diamond that was on sale at this time, was unpaid and for sale again some years later ...

Its alot of money!!!! Still if you want the biggest pink type 2A its not going to be cheap. Gosh but that is an incredible sum!

Still its an investment as the top big faancy diamonds tend to increase in value & pinks are incredibly rare in any good size & quality.
1 ct can sell for $200,000 way over the average D VVS white.

Sotherbys is auctioned it again this year supposedly 4/4/17 in HK & fetched $71.2 mill
Seems the previous owner paid $82.3 mill but defaulted.

Usually these diamonds are bought in the orient. I think about a 16 ct one was bought for a mans young daughter for $28 mil,
He seems to buy her alot. What a lucky girl.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...old-daughter-blue-moon-diamond-for-record-48m

Last edited:
yes and I saw the first time it was on auction in Geneva, and I can tell you is a wonderful one

Wow, it must be nice to see all those fine jewels but bittersweet when you know you can't take some home.

I don't know what I'd do with a 50 ct diamond. Most likely you would need a safe.

Elizabeth Taylor wore her huge 33 ct Krupp asscher cut diamond ring a gift from Richard Burton all the time but guess she had body guards.
I love asscher cuts!

I am happy to know it exists and lucky to have seen it. I cannot imagine bringing back home La Joconde nor the Hope diamond :)
So lucky to notice it's 2 hours train from home, and get there to see it!

Back