How old is this pearl ? Play again !

Haha, however, I wasn't asking for the job of Princess, or Queen...just my regular duties will suffice, as long as I can wear that tiara!

Amen sister, amen - And acquire matching bracelets and a necklace for when the crown gets too heavy!

Mary of Scotland had a French mother and a Scot for a father, and according to portraiture, neither one had an excessively short upper lip. So, I can't confess to stereotyping ;-)since I had a tiny (very) familiarity with the parental portraits.
but! while we wait for Anna's next test, I do have a confession.

I wish we could have accurate facial-skeletal dimensions of all the famous ancient people so someone could use the facial reconstruction programs and show us a more fair rendering. It's a pipe dream I guess...but the rendering of Richard III from his recovered skeleton was tantalizing.

I have an embarrassing lack of decorum :-/

oh, what a thread hijacking. Sorry :-(. Feel free to move it, or should I delete it?

Last edited:
Haha, however, I wasn't asking for the job of Princess, or Queen...just my regular duties will suffice, as long as I can wear that tiara!

How about applying for a job as a Disney princess? :D

- Karin

Just love the guessing and love the setting of that cameo - have a look at a more modern Mary Stuart on this one:
Antique Pearl Jewelry that YOU Could Own - The Victorian Period
Oops, don't know if it will link but it is in the Pearl Guide News.

How about applying for a job as a Disney princess? :D

- Karin
While that might suffice, I would have to wear a gown all day long...I think just the jewels would be best with my current wardrobe...and if I were to wear a gown all day, I would prefer it to be a wedding gown rather than a princess gown...more fitting for my age.

The bracelets and other jewels keep you balanced, otherwise your head might tip forward. Thus leading to the importance of earrings!

OK, that was dangerous! I had coffee in my mouth! Too funny...

Wow will finish this later as its late!!! Magnificent ancient finds...I think 1800's is old..

They found a 2000 yo 5mm round pinkish gold pearl in Australia...talk about old & it still looks pretty nice!

Back