Carved pearls

Personally I find them very attractive, as long as the carving is done well, which it seems to be. The swirl pattern is most complimentary to the shape of the pearl.

I have a beauty, a carved pendant, from Kamoka Pearls. I also find carved shell, such as these earrings, appeal in their uniqueness. Earrings also from Kamoka.

P1020924.jpg

Whoa! That is way bigger than life! Pendant is 13.6mm, earring carvings 43mm by 15mm.

Last edited:
Well, why not? I think carved pearls are pretty cool but I'm sure the better the pearl, the better it will look carved.

- Karin

Wow they are beautiful! where or who carved them do you know? I love Kamoka and am fortunate to own a couple of pieces.

The earrings in the photo I posted were hand-carved in the Galatea workshop. I love that each and every pearl has its own history!

I like them ..but it just depends on the pattern for me. I have several of the Galatea pearls and think they are stunning .. I prefer the simpler patterns and quite like the earrings you posted. It's just personal taste .. Sometimes pretty ordinary pearls are used and the carvings can look a bit crude ..but the better companies produce works of art.

Stunning, I don't see any carved pearls on there at the moment, you were lucky to get those.

lavenderJade,

How terrific that you have Kamoka pearls already! My understanding is that the Kamoka pearls and carved shell links were carved in FP from original designs. Josh and Celeste mentioned planning to bring in more, but you might check with them. There were only a few pairs of earrings and they sold very fast!

BAS, your earrings show up well against your dark hair.

Galatea does top quality carving; I didn't realize those were his earrings. He does a number of carved designs, all attractive, imo.

Katbran, I also have seen some pretty rustic carvings with much less appeal.

lavenderJade,

How terrific that you have Kamoka pearls already! My understanding is that the Kamoka pearls and carved shell links were carved in FP from original designs. Josh and Celeste mentioned planning to bring in more, but you might check with them. There were only a few pairs of earrings and they sold very fast!

BAS, your earrings show up well against your dark hair.

Galatea does top quality carving; I didn't realize those were his earrings. He does a number of carved designs, all attractive, imo.

Katbran, I also have seen some pretty rustic carvings with much less appeal.

Ha ha I did not hang about once I found out about them, Celeste is fantastic and so helpful.
I also have the harvest bracelet on it's way :D

I'm not sure they are really a travesty against nature. My understanding is that they take a pearl that has imperfections, and design the carving to remove the imperfections. Doing so results in a much more beautiful and unique pearl.

Back