Dripping in Pearls?.. Literally!

Thank you for posting the link Marianne, pearls and this dress will attract a lot of attention.

Wowee! Thanks for posting this wondrous woman and her pearls.

THANK YOU for posting that link Marianne! I vow if there's a pearl ruckus or get together this year, I will sew pearls on a garment ... probably 6 pearls, not 6,000 LOL :)

Marianne, thanks for the link! The article has wonderful pictures!

What do you guys think is meant by "natural pearls" in this quote from the article?

“We looked at a variety of different pearls—South Sea, iridescent, and natural—and decided that the natural pearls looked the most beautiful.”

In some pictures the pearls look like metallic CFW pearls, but in others they don't look like metallics. And they are very round. Suspiciously so.

I also loved Felicity Jones' dress (well the bodice more than the bottom)...would have preferred a more Victorian style skirt, straight column (still with same waist detail) with bustle and slight train.
22-OSCARS-NOTEWORTHY-slide-XQN1-superJumbo.jpg

Jones' dress is stunning - the back reminds me of a certain type of lily ... I can't place the flower right now, but it's on the tip of my tongue!

But I can't get over Lupita's dress - it's incredibly gorgeous, and SO well put together! But then, I love just about everything she wears, her taste is impeccable.

Lupita-Beauty-Oscars-467.jpg

B-fX9B1IQAAmLcC.jpg

Is it just me though, or are any of you surprised CK put this together? I was under the impression that the Klein brand was much more into mainstream fashionover avant-garde design.

I was surprised ... Wouldn't we all love a close up look at that dress ?!?

Found the flower that Felicity Jones' dress reminds me of! :) I see it all the time when I'm out on a hike in the Spring and Summer.

Jones-Dress-Oscars.jpg

IMG_4826.jpg

It's called Claytonia perfoliata, also sometimes called Winter Purslane or Miner's Lettuce. :D

Last edited:
"Is it just me though, or are any of you surprised CK put this together? I was under the impression that the Klein brand was much more into mainstream fashionover avant-garde design."

I think the silhouette of the dress is very classic CK, the execution of the dress in pearls is incredible, and agreed...avant-garde. I think if CK deviated from the mainstream approach, the pearls might have been a failure...but because of the relatively simplistic form, it works beautifully!

That's kind of an interesting way to quantify it.
Looks like there are some larger pearls than Akoya on there!

Last edited:
Back