Backless Bridal Pearl Opportunity

jmd

Had a few minutes to checkout Pinterest this week. Given that my son got married in October, Pinterest believes I'm still interested in all things wedding and is flooding me with wedding fashion. Instead of last season's strapless, nearly everything is backless, like totally bare from shoulder to waist. It's the perfect opportunity for a long pearl strand (or 2 or 10) worn with the rope in the back. That's a lot of bare skin that needs adornment and the classiness of pearls helps to dignify the really bare look of the gown. While not an absolutely new look, has anyone seen pearl retailers offering designs meant to be worn down the back? And does this style have a name??

You also need to never lean against the back of a chair while wearing pearls down the back. Ouch! This look would be for standing, I think.

Just wondering if anyone has tried it? I'm wondering if it gets "choke-y" cos of the weight of the pearls hanging down and pulling against the front of the neck.

Just wondering if anyone has tried it? I'm wondering if it gets "choke-y" cos of the weight of the pearls hanging down and pulling against the front of the neck.

Exactly. Many many years ago, I tried it with an evening gown and I felt like I was choking all night. It needs to be counterbalanced with a heavy decorative clasp in front. :)

You should know what is the most important for the bride, the wedding dress or some ornaments?

Back