teardrops for spring/summer

theseventhsphinx

I've been hunting for some teardrops with a height/width ratio I really like, and these are about right (12x16mm). I wanted them quite fat (rather than long and thin).

IMG_2691.jpg

These are just shell earrings from eBay, costume pearls, but they have a great shine, and I wanted this look without the investment (I have other things in mind re: pearl investments...). I'm pleased with this size! I think they definitely draw the eye.

IMG_2672.jpg

I have some 8mm spherical dangles as well but I don't reach for them nearly as often (even though they are genuine and technically much nicer... I wonder if I would like them more if they were bigger?). Where do you guys fall on the teardrops vs sphere dangles? Preferences?

full look here:

http://www.theseventhsphinx.com/fashion/features/the-western-buckle/

(I really like pearls and turquoise together)

I far prefer teardrops to rounds for both dangle earrings and pendants. Just love the shape. Getting a fine cultured pearl pair for earrings is quite a challenge. But, I love the hunt.

I'll be waiting to see how you like this pair, and if you decide to step up to more genuine pearls.

I only have dangles, no studs (well, one old pair I never wear). They are mostly round. Tear drops would be nice too. I don't think the shape matters much to me - more the colour and the luster.

- Karin

I love them as well...would like some jade and turquoise drops as well (or 'drops' that would be flat on one side, a slightly different look), and maybe some modest diamond (or diamond-esque) drops. Imagine a small pearl stud with a slightly larger diamond drop? That sounds nice...

Isn't it strange that we just gravitate toward certain shapes, and how personal that is? Like, ovals do not tend to interest me, but squares interest me, teardrops interest me. It doesn't seem like I choose them so much as just *identify* them as being the shapes I find appealing.

Back