Oh these earrings!!!

LitGeek

I came across a pair of gorgeous Nikos Koulis Spektrum earrings in Harper's Bazaar magazine done with Tahitian pearls, but found this white pearl version online and I have to say I am in LOVE :cool: These earrings are done in black gold with black diamonds, right in line with the chic trend of black and white. This design is just fabulous! Unfortunately they have a very steep price tag! Can be found at the Montaigne Market HERE.

nikos earrings.jpg

nikos 2.jpg

Very Cool! I love the contrast of punk rock spikes with the softness and elegance of pearls- it's so intriguing!

I love how big the pearl is! And the kind of bear claw effect of the spikes. I can imagine this having a totally different feel in a much smaller size...

Black and white is trending, too.

It looks attached to me. If you roll over the picture to see the zoomed image -- it looks soldered on.

But in the photo of the earring on the woman, the spikey piece is behind the ear with the pearl stud going through the ear lobe the usual way??

I'm confused~

I think they must be earring jackets. I wish I could buy the jacket part to rock with my large wSS studs!

Very cool...I always love pearls with a rocker-chick edge. They certainly could be done as earring-jackets that go behind the ear, to be worn with interchangeable studs. Would be rather cool if the spikes morphed into more of a tentacle shape, too...

Tentacles. You need to have someone make you some tentacle jackets! :)

LitGeek you could so rock those earrings :)

Awww thanks :D
I forgot to mention, but love the fact, that these were listed in the section "What To Wear" for those in their 60's! I hope that I am wearing something this awesome when I am 60, haha but I would rather be wearing them now! My pearl princess also showed me a page in her Teen Vogue magazine with a young girl decked out in really cool pearls (earrings, layered necklaces and bracelets, and rings) with a little article about how to wear pearls. Love that we are seeing pearls featured!

LitGeek - Now those earrings are cool! I'm on the hunt now for the Tahitian version! Thanks for sharing!

Awww thanks :D
I forgot to mention, but love the fact, that these were listed in the section "What To Wear" for those in their 60's! I hope that I am wearing something this awesome when I am 60, haha but I would rather be wearing them now! My pearl princess also showed me a page in her Teen Vogue magazine with a young girl decked out in really cool pearls (earrings, layered necklaces and bracelets, and rings) with a little article about how to wear pearls. Love that we are seeing pearls featured!

I think that is an insult to all the other age groups. But they probably included it in that age group because of the price. I still think they would be so your cup of tea.

I think that is an insult to all the other age groups. But they probably included it in that age group because of the price. I still think they would be so your cup of tea.

I think you are right about the age group and price, and yes they are SO my cup of tea!

LitGeek - Now those earrings are cool! I'm on the hunt now for the Tahitian version! Thanks for sharing!

Oh I hope you can find them!

Back