last year "fuddy-duddy", this year "hip"

L

ladykemma

i teach high school. last year my birkenstock and pearls were fuddy duddy, this year the girls are all asking me where to get some pearls and birks boston clogs

vendors, now is your time to make a good impression on your future consumers! have some affordable pearls for the high schoolers and invest in some good advertising like teen fashion rags and 17 magazine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ladykemma

What do they seem to like? Classic,multi colored,pink,large pearls?????

Thanks!

Karen

Hi Karen,

If California is any indication of trend, teen girls love long ropes of fake whites and dyed black freshwater pearls. Strands of black freshwater pearls are also beginning to show up among the boys. Pink pearls are rarely seen in local stores and then they are often flat in color and polymer coated. The college girls seem to have discovered shell pearls but I suspect their main source is eBay because shell pearls are mostly sold here in upscale department stores and jewelry stores and cost hefty amounts of money. And, I may mention that every time I wear my big (17-12mm) drop pearl earrings, I get stopped by all ladies young and old that want to know where I got those.

Zeide

Attachments

• PopularDrops.jpg
    PopularDrops.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 51
Hi Zeide!
Thanks for your reply!
Those earrings are beautiful as all your jewelry is.

Do they like black and white pearls mixed together ?

I have noticed that the large size bracelets on Jewelry Television (8,8+1/2 and 9 inch) are always the first to sell out .I suppose they are hard to find.

Karen

Oh Zeide!

Those are beautiful!!!!! I have been looking for a similar pair like that for 7 years in cream. maybe not as big. I have yet to see any that size in FWP whcih is what I am seeking. do you or anyone else have any Ideas where I may be able to find something similar in FWP color cream?? similar in size drop shaped?

Here in windsor teh trend is just startig withteh fake long white pearls for girls. and super tight jeans! Birks are not in vogue yet but they willbe next spring we hav alot of 1980's is skirts with stretch pants and lots of faux pealr strands is new for this fall.. and big clunky jewelry is back... but the multi strands of faux are huge.. usually white sometiemns a light pink but that is what I have seen so far....

Cheers
Ash

Hi Karen,

I see more and more of the large black pearl bracelets on men, many of whom are decidedly middle age.

I have not seen black and white mixes on teens. However, a strand of stick pearls in black and white made to resemble a piano keyboard has once been purchased off my neck at a concert.

Zeide

Hi Ash,

I am currently in the process of amassing my Vermeer-style earring collection and will not sell any of those until I made my final picks of the litter. Another picture of my earrings is popular on eBay, however, you will not get them, they are mine. The pictures shown on eBay stem from e-Mails I sent out to many traders and other pearl hunters that look for some more pairs like that for me in various countries.

Zeide

Hi Caitlin,

No, they are not. They have diamonds on them which I generally try to avoid and the pearls are way too small. On eBay you find my pearls offered, for instance, by getatable3033 and http://cgi.ebay.com/Genuine-17mm-dr...ryZ45077QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

These show clearly the same picture I sent out while looking for more. Feel free to try, maybe you are lucky. I Love them but they are not yet 100% my perfect pink drop earrings. So I am still looking for more to make my final pick.

Zeide

Those eBay pix are clearly the same earrings you posted pics of above!

The description never mentions pearls, it says "Tibet Silver Jade"

Zeide Erskine said:
Hi Ash,

I am currently in the process of amassing my Vermeer-style earring collection and will not sell any of those until I made my final picks of the litter. Another picture of my earrings is popular on eBay, however, you will not get them, they are mine. The pictures shown on eBay stem from e-Mails I sent out to many traders and other pearl hunters that look for some more pairs like that for me in various countries.

Zeide

I understand your protectiveness about your pearls...;) What I am lookingfor is single drop earings (not necessarily as large as those for use with my garb, AND everyday wear! I was sure someone here knew of someplace I could go. but I am not sure! Even if I could purchase a pair of similar drops and create the earrings myself. I have several pair of smaller ones I made but would really love a larger pair. Was only asking for information.. Not asking if I could wear those to the prom... :D You alwasy find such greaet things Thought you would know of a source for FW versoions! Thanks!

Cheers
Ash....

Hi Ash,

These are freshwater cultured pearls. When I have decided which to spare, write me an e-mail with your mailing address. You can have them at cost plus shipping. I have cream, too. Below is a good emulation of the Manzini earrings in the same size and color as the originals but freshwater cultured (ignore the necklace).

Zeide

Attachments

• FreshSeaBaroque.jpg
    FreshSeaBaroque.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 55
pearltime said:
Hi ladykemma

What do they seem to like? Classic,multi colored,pink,large pearls?????

Thanks!

Karen
the boys are wearing a single black pearl on a black string. the girls i would aim for cheap white pink and balck freshwater, for high school budgets.

Hi Zeide and All,
A little off the subject--but there is no way anyone could ignore that necklace!! It's HUGE! And gorgeous! Love the baroque drops.
Pattye

Hi Pattye,

I plead guilty as charged when it comes to pearls, I am a thoroughly stone-age gal. Wilma Flintstone is my style icon. I have these big baroques also in shades of pink (and of course the "monster Tahitans"). You want to see some?

Zeide

Attachments

• MultiPeachGold.jpg
    MultiPeachGold.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 48
Hi Zeide,
Those are wonderful too!!! Although I don't have your stature (5'5" on a good day), I love the big ones too! Even have some huge faceted quartz rock "Wilma" style necklaces. But the pearls are my favs. I will take some pics of my necklaces this week. I am not very good with the digital, and new at attaching them. But I'll try. I just got some pearls back from having Sharon Wakefield appraise them, so that is kinda interesting.
Pattye

Hi Pattye,

Oh, please do. Wilma had a great sense of style, if you ask me. But then, when you are 6-foot napolitaine-blonde (some vanilla, some strawberry, some milk chocolate color) with hair well over her rear end, you need some substantial jewelry to balance things.

Zeide

Zeide
Please please can we have photo of you wearing those big white FW pearls above to get some idea of proportion on the neck. I'm totally utterly and completely mesmerised by them.

Please please.:)

Susan

Hi Susan,

Showing it on myself would involve either an awkward shot or somebody wielding the camera who does not have an eye for pearls. I'll try to recruit my daughter as a model although she is a bit taller than me.

Zeide

....or your daughter could take a photo of you. We've seen the pearls already. I would love to see you wearing your beloved konks.

Susan

Back