Pearl Belt, Anyone? :)

GemGeek

Pearlista
This belt from Utopia was caught by Jennifer Heebner of JCK Magazine at the Vicenza Oro winter show.

It's a little hard to see, but it has graduated tassels and is held by a bow pin.

Utopia pearl belt 1.jpg

I like the idea of a pearl belt. I've played with the idea of using a long pearl rope as a belt...

You can see that there are no knots on this one. It has to be strung on something very strong. :)

Well, my 144" white rope is strung on synthetic! If I ever wear it (or any of the three segments that comprise the total) as a belt, I'll post a picture!

A great style, IMHO. Sarah had or has a mixed pearl rope that she showed as a belt! There are pics on the forum somewhere, as I recall. Love this white belt too! Some of the 49 strand wires could handle it, and some of the synthetics also. I'd probably want it knotted so it would be ultra flexible and could be worn as a lariat, too. (theoretically speaking, if I still had a waistline, lol)

I thought of Sarah's "belt" when I posted it, but I wasn't up for the search. Sarah modeled the super-strand in many ways - all terrific! :)

Pattye -- thanks for posting the link. Those are some of the sexiest photos posted on P-G.

One of my sisters borrowed my 100 inch 5-6mm freshwater rope and used it as a belt for New Year's Eve, she looked absolutely stunning. I think you need a pretty slim waist, though! At 5.5 months pregnant, I doubt I'll ever have a slim waist again....... <mourns>

One of my sisters borrowed my 100 inch 5-6mm freshwater rope and used it as a belt for New Year's Eve, she looked absolutely stunning. I think you need a pretty slim waist, though! At 5.5 months pregnant, I doubt I'll ever have a slim waist again....... <mourns>

That's why we carry babies on our hips. The cuteness distracts from the lack of waist :) Though I've known women who wore their old jeans leaving the hospital...

- Karin

Not that many, even the Duchess of Cambridge had a bit of a belly when she left hospital, and she's stick-thin.

I wore my favorite jeans throughout my pregnancy with Rainy-bird, but then she carried pretty high so I was able to button up under the belly ;) It takes a couple of months for the extra baby belly skin to go away, but it will! ;)

Back to pearl belts- love it! I made one for myself out of leather and chunky FW baroques that I wear from time to time- I'll take a selfie and post it in a little bit. For me, pearl belts are all about the drape- needs to be casual, but have a little slinky bit of sex appeal too.

Yes, that is another great pearl-rope-worn-as-belt example!!!

Back