Chanel and Vogue Spring 2014 - Do or Don't?

Sorry to hear that Blair. My daughter was playing with one of my keys when she was about 4. It was one key by itself. When I asked where it was she couldn't tell us what happened to it. A few years later when Vincent was fixing a toilet clog he found the rusted key along with a couple plastic toy figures from McDonald's Happy Meals.

Here is my attempt at doubling the pearls today.

Attachments

• 05-19-14.jpg
    05-19-14.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 28
Sorry to hear that Blair. My daughter was playing with one of my keys when she was about 4. It was one key by itself. When I asked where it was she couldn't tell us what happened to it. A few years later when Vincent was fixing a toilet clog he found the rusted key along with a couple plastic toy figures from McDonald's Happy Meals.

Here is my attempt at doubling the pearls today.

Cathy,

A perfect pairing, IMO, you look gorgeous in them! The proportion is just right!

Hanaleimom, yours are perfect! Is your larger pearl on an eye pin then? And is it in front of the earlobe or behind, if you don't mind my asking? Love the color and size combination ... dramatic but still elegant :)

Hanaleimom, yours are perfect! Is your larger pearl on an eye pin then? And is it in front of the earlobe or behind, if you don't mind my asking? Love the color and size combination ... dramatic but still elegant :)

I agree - perfect!

Thank you pattye and GemGeek.

CathyKeshi, the WSS pearls are from PP. Last year's drop lot that was shown in the Pearl Chat prior to the Provoked Baroque segment. They are on chain and the picture was in post # 15. Chain is about 1 5/8" long. I just put the stud's post through the chain midway, in front of my ear. Chain is thin enough that it is hidden between the stud and ear.

Hanaleimom, thanks for indulging my curiosity ... just lovely pearl earrings :)

Now THAT works! It's elegant and modern. Well done!

I have been seeing that double sided pearl earring (Emma Stone's) a lot lately. I don't get this style for some reason....But I like Hanaleimom's :) its elegant.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about the original post. Seems like the only really good thing about these ping-pong-pearls is that they would be difficult to flush. Oh, wait a minute…. Would that really be a good thing? :)

LOL! That's too funny Marianne! I like the paper weight idea. :rolleyes: But this whole thread has had me thinking: what could we do with some pearly giants? We have a fabulous lot of 14-15mm White South Sea baroques: these babies have awesome size and some really seriously beautiful luster and orient, but what to do, what to do?? I think I may have found an answer... I went shopping! :cool:

I found a really amazing deal on these Sterling Silver Omega necklaces, and thought the baroques would look really great on these! Backstory: a long time ago, in a faraway state, I bought a 1mm yellow gold omega and hung a large Swarovski crystal star from it (teenager jewelry- it was fun at the time), but I SO loved the look- minimal, playful and it allowed the crystal to really be the star of the show, and after I lost it I was heartbroken (I too, have tales of jewelry woe...). Anyways- I thought why not recreate the look? Here's what I came up with:

White-Pearl-Omega-Necklace.jpg
Ashley-Omega-WSS.jpg
Ashley-Omega-Side.jpg

I think I found my new favorite piece AND we can jump on the Giant Pearls trend. What do you guys think- is it a Do or a Don't? :)

and they're real pearls, not big hunks of plastic! Nice original piece.

Thanks so much guys! Awesome! Even my 16-year old daughter likes it (I recruited her to take the pictures- free labor haha) and once I put it on, her face lit up "That's SO COOL, Mom!!" ;) I think she's getting a pretty great birthday present this year lol!

DO, and I'd buy and wear ... even if my own decollete doesn't resemble a 16 year old neckline anymore :)

A definite DO! You can't compare your piece with the Chanel and Vogue monstrosities (in my eyes)!

It's definitely a DO and is much more tasteful than Chanel's, IMO.

Back