Pearl Paradise The Internet's Largest Collection of Fine Pearls - Shop Now! 80% Off Retail. Free Returns. Free Shipping. A+ Rating on BBB.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pearls, cashmere, leather, fur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pearls, cashmere, leather, fur

While versatile, pearls have luxe companions in the world of fabrics and textures. Pearls and fur (this is faux, but either way!), leather, silk, cashmere, velvet...all so natural to pair with pearls.

I didn't think about the pearls until I was looking at the pictures later (I just happen to wear them a lot), but I liked the pearls against the fur so much! These are PoJ 9mm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9935.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	405992

http://www.theseventhsphinx.com/fash...hmere-leather/

Anybody else feel various resolutions to save weakening in the face of the holiday sales??

Gosh Sphynx, your style sense is inspiring....... makes me embarrassed that I wear tshirts all the time, lol!

Jodie
    "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
    - Lucy Maude Montgomery -

Comment

Originally posted by theseventhsphinx View Post
      While versatile, pearls have luxe companions in the world of fabrics and textures. Pearls and fur (this is faux, but either way!), leather, silk, cashmere, velvet...
      Anybody else feel various resolutions to save weakening in the face of the holiday sales??
      La, la, la... These are a few of my favorite things.... Right now I'm drinking my coffee at the local caf? wearing a black dress with black tights and boots, a pink cashmere cardigan, a 75'' pearl rope four times around the neck (size 5.5 mm), a 35'' strand with a 'twelve 3 mm one 5.5 mm' pattern four times around my wrist and Tahitian earhooks. My black shearling coat is slung across the chair. And I'm not dressed up for any occation, just another day in Copenhagen...

I did really well at the sales, meaning I didn't buy anything and (surprise) I wasn't tempted. I looked a long at the 100'' pearl ropes but as you can see I've finished making my own, and while I like them I don't use them quite enough to want to buy one more. I also studied the souffle earrings and realized they look a lot like the Kasumi ones I already have. So I came away from the browsing feeling very happy that I already have a wonderful collection - plus what could really tempt me wasn't on sale

- Karin

Comment

Ah, Karin, making us all wish we lived in Copenhagen. This sounds incredible!

I keep peeking back at a few 100" ropes on sale...your 75" is inspiring me! I think I would need to give myself a challenge to wear one a certain number of times in a month (kind of like red lipstick) to get in the habit and take it out of that 'occasional' category that many precious or special pieces automatically seem to fall into. At least, this is one of the things I am telling myself to justify the acquisition.

Comment

Originally posted by mausketeer View Post
          Gosh Sphynx, your style sense is inspiring....... makes me embarrassed that I wear tshirts all the time, lol!

Jodie
          lol. Thanks, Jodie!

Comment

Agreed- pearls look amazing next to natural textures such as velvet, suede, fur, etc. There's something about their organic-ness that ties in beautifully with these other fabrics. Cool outfit, btw! I wear my 54" pearl rope whenever I get the chance, but it might be fun to do a "Rope Challenge" to see how many times in a month you could get away with it lol. New thread?!
            Ashley McNamara, CEO
            Pure Pearls
            Toll Free: 800-762-0977
            LIKE US on FaceBook
            FOLLOW US on Pinterest

Comment

Jodie

T-shirts with pearls, works for me too!
              Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

Originally posted by theseventhsphinx View Post
                Ah, Karin, making us all wish we lived in Copenhagen. This sounds incredible!

I keep peeking back at a few 100" ropes on sale...your 75" is inspiring me! I think I would need to give myself a challenge to wear one a certain number of times in a month (kind of like red lipstick) to get in the habit and take it out of that 'occasional' category that many precious or special pieces automatically seem to fall into. At least, this is one of the things I am telling myself to justify the acquisition.
                Yeah, well, I look pretty out of the ordinary around here even if this capital is dressier than jeans, a cute top and a pony tail I don't like the way pants cuts my stomach in half so I converted to dresses some years ago. Last fall I went mostly black as it's possible to look great with just two black dresses, some coloured cashmere cardigans from eBay and layering with assorted black t-shirts and tights. Especially if you can add some good pieces of jewelry, a great coat and a pair of high quality boots. Our exchange student never realized I only have a total of five dresses to wear for clothes and I mostly use the two black dresses. A great way of saving money on clothes

It turned out that my favorite way of wearing the 75" rope (can be layered with the 32.5" with the different size pearls b.t.w.) is to wrap it four times around my neck. I just love the informal ways the strand twists and turns. It looks quite substancial and yet delicate with a lot more movement than a nested fourstrander would have.

- Karin

Comment

Originally posted by KarinK View Post
                  Yeah, well, I look pretty out of the ordinary around here even if this capital is dressier than jeans, a cute top and a pony tail I don't like the way pants cuts my stomach in half so I converted to dresses some years ago. Last fall I went mostly black as it's possible to look great with just two black dresses, some coloured cashmere cardigans from eBay and layering with assorted black t-shirts and tights. Especially if you can add some good pieces of jewelry, a great coat and a pair of high quality boots. Our exchange student never realized I only have a total of five dresses to wear for clothes and I mostly use the two black dresses. A great way of saving money on clothes

It turned out that my favorite way of wearing the 75" rope (can be layered with the 32.5" with the different size pearls b.t.w.) is to wrap it four times around my neck. I just love the informal ways the strand twists and turns. It looks quite substantial and yet delicate with a lot more movement than a nested fourstrander would have.

- Karin
                  Duly noted! I like that more organic look generally, too - not too styled or precise necessarily, not too perfect, not too tea-with-the-queen. I think I'm going to go for the 100" and see what I can do with it.

Completely agree that you can wear anything and look great with the right coat! And you are totally right about the versatility of black dresses; a number of French friends have voiced similar thoughts about having a really curated, pared down closet that is still ultra flexible and chic (fewer pieces, but better quality --- we run into the same issues with pearls, of course!). None of those random dresses you only wear once, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by pattye View Post
                    T-shirts with pearls, works for me too!
                    Excellent point, Pattye! Pearls and a T-shirt: killer.

Comment

I remember reading that in a novel - a woman goes to Paris as a teenager and was taught to spend her money on fewer good quality pieces rather than lots of cheaper ones. Seems obvious to say it but we certainly don't do that here. Except for my shoes. I like expensive shoes........ okay, and bags.

Maybe when I lose some weight I'll be inspired to give more of a damn about how I dress, lol.

Jodie
                      "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
                      - Lucy Maude Montgomery -

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post
                        Agreed- pearls look amazing next to natural textures such as velvet, suede, fur, etc. There's something about their organic-ness that ties in beautifully with these other fabrics. Cool outfit, btw! I wear my 54" pearl rope whenever I get the chance, but it might be fun to do a "Rope Challenge" to see how many times in a month you could get away with it lol. New thread?!
                        Yes! I think you are spot on with the observation that it is the natural, organic quality that ties the textures together so beautifully, Ashley. 54" sounds like such a lovely length to me, extremely friendly for a longer rope. An interesting part of such a challenge could be making the ropes casual, or making them work with the kinds of casual outfits one might wear on a day with work and errands (without looking out of place)... thinking about this now!
                        Last edited by theseventhsphinx; 12-03-2013, 02:35 AM.

Comment

I remember reading that in a novel - a woman goes to Paris as a teenager and was taught to spend her money on fewer good quality pieces rather than lots of cheaper ones. Seems obvious to say it but we certainly don't do that here. Except for my shoes. I like expensive shoes........ okay, and bags.

Maybe when I lose some weight I'll be inspired to give more of a damn about how I dress, lol.

Jodie
                          Or - you'll think less about what you weigh if you look great... I weigh more than I'm comfortable with right now. That's one of the reasons why I have so little clothes. Anything that does not contribute to making me look like I think I should look is out plus my weight has not been stable for several years and I don't want to waste money on clothes that will be either too large or too small in six months. With all the lovely jewelry you have, Jodie, there's all the more reason to wear it with clothes that makes you feel good Maybe it's time to go Goth again

- Karin

Comment

mmmm. 100 inch strand wrapped four times - that is my favorite way to wear one, as well! and lately, my two tahitian strands lashed together into a 36 or so inch rope, but of course wrapped around my neck twice, not two separate necklaces. t-shirt? check. Jeans? check. wayy too expensive boots? check.

too bad i have no faux fur, for this has made me need, er, i mean want some...

(the more strands of pearls around your neck, the warmer you are in the brrcold winter!)
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            ill-sorted ephemera
                            assorted bits and bobs, stuff and nonsense
                            https://www.etsy.com/shop/illsortedephemera

Comment

Working...
                            X