Pearl Paradise The Internet's Largest Collection of Fine Pearls - Shop Now! 80% Off Retail. Free Returns. Free Shipping. A+ Rating on BBB.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lace and studs OR Taking 'timeless' literally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lace and studs OR Taking 'timeless' literally

The flipside of pearls being appropriate now and for the future is pearls being appropriate to the past...or historical dress.

These are the 10-11mm PoJ studs. You've seen them before but you get an especially good sense of the size here with the side angle, and the shaft of sunlight is like a spotlight on the pearl.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7806.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	405772

I wish wish wish the buttons on the shirt were pearls...

http://www.theseventhsphinx.com/fash...he-full-skirt/

Love this and oh, look at the 80s!

Comment

Great photo-blog. Great prose. And the pearls look great, too!

Comment

I appreciate the encouraging, individualistic stance on fashion and style. I wear what I want...sometimes it's better than others, lol. Looove the 10-11mm studs from Pearls of Joy.
        Sarah Blue

"She is mine own, and I as rich in having such a jewel as twenty seas, if all their sand were pearl, the water nectar, and the rocks pure gold." ~ William Shakespeare

Comment

Originally posted by lisa c View Post
          Love this and oh, look at the 80s!
          Somehow a part of me always seems to be looking at the 80s....why fight it?

Comment

What a great blog! And you look fabulous in this look!
            Amrita
            www.harmonypearls.com
            www.facebook.com/HarmonyPearls
            info@harmonypearls.com
            www.twitter.com/HarmonyPearls9

Comment

Love your blog Sphynx! Funny, I was in Boston last month and was watching the historical reenactors walk around everywhere. Thought to myself "how neat if you just felt like dressing that way anyways, nobody would look at you twice! They'd think you were part of a tour!"

But yes, as a former goth chick from the eighties myself, wear whatever you want! I love the current attitude that EVERYTHING is in style now if you can rock it (and you can).
              "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
              - Lucy Maude Montgomery -

Comment

Originally posted by mausketeer View Post
                Love your blog Sphynx! Funny, I was in Boston last month and was watching the historical reenactors walk around everywhere. Thought to myself "how neat if you just felt like dressing that way anyways, nobody would look at you twice! They'd think you were part of a tour!"

But yes, as a former goth chick from the eighties myself, wear whatever you want! I love the current attitude that EVERYTHING is in style now if you can rock it (and you can).
                Absolutely, mausketeer! Everything is in style, and it's anybody's game. NYT fashion photographer Bill Cunningham was just saying that one one of his weekly reports (video summaries of his photos that week, which I really recommend!), that there are so many trends that, effectively, there can be no significant cultural force behind any one of them, as there was only a decade ago. Haha, yes, it's amazing how many people don't look twice in Boston, no matter what you are wearing!

Comment

Originally posted by Amrita View Post
                  What a great blog! And you look fabulous in this look!
                  Thanks Amrita!

Comment

Bill Cunningham - a national treasure!

Comment

Originally posted by GemGeek View Post
                      Bill Cunningham - a national treasure!
                      He is so endearing! He giggles!

The documentary about him (Bill Cunningham New York) is really interesting as well - streaming on Netflix at the moment I think.

Comment

Love the studs with that blouse! Very pretty. I'm still searching for my perfect stud style - I feel like my earlobes stick out, so the larger pearls seem to make them more noticeable, but I don't like small earrings...
                        Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Comment

I like the entire look and especially the parasol. And of course the studs.

Comment

Originally posted by battah View Post
                            Love the studs with that blouse! Very pretty. I'm still searching for my perfect stud style - I feel like my earlobes stick out, so the larger pearls seem to make them more noticeable, but I don't like small earrings...
                            Have you tried large buttons, battah? There's quite a variation in buttons...you could maybe look for especially flat ones. Or even make earrings out of coins!

Comment

Working...
                            X