Polynesian Art Nouveau jewelery

Cyril Roger Brossard

"It looks like lace! It is very thorough! We do not see it anywhere else! "The visitors of the exposition" I love you ", which runs until February 14 at the Assembly of French Polynesia have been seduced by the creations of the artist Manutea D., from Tahiti but currently living in the Marquesas.
5214759-7781757.jpg
His ox bone jewelry and precious woods, sometimes crowned with a pearl are real miniature sculptures, a remarkable finish. "I am inspired by Polynesian art, of course, explains Manutea, but also a lot of Art Nouveau that I discovered during my studies, during a trip to Germany. Each piece is unique, totally handmade. Wonder what the longest time is to find a pattern that fits perfectly with the raw piece of bone. They are always small areas with little thickness, which must succeed to take the best possible shape in three dimensions. "It also makes it a point to use only quality pearls and frames silver or gold plated "I've always found it a waste to mount beautiful jewelry on rubber cords." This is the first exhibition of Manutea, who hopes to eventually be able to live fully his passion.

An article by S.G. February 10th 2013

Back