New Fashion & Style Forum

I like the design with the black background a lot!

In the second photo it appears the pearls are fixed so no worries about rubbing and pearl dusting :)

I found them! Rayon X   Natural Pearl with a form of Fish

These "Sliced" Pearls by Tasaki- are quite interesting idea:

tasaki-1.jpg

tasaki-2.jpg

tasaki-3.jpg

They don't do much for me. I have seen a lot of cut pearls that I am not wild about, so my being thrilled over little h came as a total and delightful surprise. It took me a while to embrace any cutting, carving or faceting. I like a lot more of it these days. These are almost architectural, which is cool.

I finally found pics of them on the ear, I did not find it too appealing the way they wear, but I still like the idea. The last pic with the diamond pave is elegant and eye catching.

There is something edgy about the rest of the sliced pearls in the jewelry collection in general, esp with the tahitians. Plus it is always cool to see the layers.

(My first thought it is a good way to remove a serious flaw on an otherwise stunning pearl LOL)

They don't do much for me. I have seen a lot of cut pearls that I am not wild about, so my being thrilled over little h came as a total and delightful surprise. It took me a while to embrace any cutting, carving or faceting. I like a lot more of it these days. These are almost architectural, which is cool.

I don't think I would like the way they look in the ear, either.

On the one hand, slicing is a good way of removing a flaw. On the other hand, you really don't know what the inside is going to look like. I've restrung plenty of pearls, where the inside was crap.

Oriented that way, the diamonds would be visible from the front. On the ear, the ear wire faces sideways.

BPD, I didn't think of that-- the diamonds do mimic the growth layers! Cool!

I bet the not knowing what the inside looks like is exactly why the diamond pave plaque was created, but that is just a guess on my part.

I don't think I would like the way they look in the ear, either.

On the one hand, slicing is a good way of removing a flaw. On the other hand, you really don't know what the inside is going to look like. I've restrung plenty of pearls, where the inside was crap.

Back