Tahitian Pearl on Kurt Russell

S

Sascha

Hello everyone. I just saw Kurt Russell on ABC's "View" wearing a Tahitian Pearl on a leather string. I think this trend is catching on between Hollywood celebrities. I guess after Pierce Brosnan and Kurt Russell it is Ok for any guy to wear these beautiful gems.

Sascha Ghods
Be My Pearl

The trend is actually catching on outside of Hollywood as well. I think it's a great masculine look. I know many men who pull the look off wonderfully.

I personally wear one myself (for the last year now), and I've had nothing but great feedback. IMO the trend will continue.

I'll chime in, I wear a tahitian drop pendant on leather often and just recently added a baroque tahitian bracelet to my collection. I get great comments on both.

I think it's a sharp look! It's very classic yet bold.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI:

The cuffliinks are a wonderful look on a man or woman, but for me "the jury is still" out on a the look of a pearl pendant for a man. Wear it in health!!

cheers--Sharon

We will be getting used to men sporting pearls.

American Idol has been a hotbed of this trend. Earlier Chris Daughtry wore some black round beads that looked like black-dyed CFWP- a full strand of 8mm.

Then, I spotted Randy Jackson on Larry King Live with the 2 winners of AI, and he was wearing an 8mm strand of white pearls with one pearl stud earring.

Forget all the toe dipping, just put on the pearls, men, - they look great on you too.

Remember, what goes round ....... and men have always worn pearls until Mikimoto- who surely missed a bet by not marketing strands to men from the beginning.

Last edited:
Then, I spotted Randy Jackson on Larry King Live with the 2 winners of AI, and he was wearing an 8mm strand of white pearls with one pearl stud earring.

No offense to you Caitlin I know you have a good eye for pearls, but I would have to see it to believe it.

ok he was wearing round, white beads, 8mm with a round white bead stud earring in his ear. In both his and Chris' case, if those weren't pearls, they may as well have been! I looked for a photo. If we could find photos of these tv events, we'd have a closeup of Resses Oscar earrings too!

hmm, well now I really wanna see a photo of this!

If anybody knows a good source to find these kind of images from TV I know a lot of us would be greatful.

I'm still looking for a photo of Sean Paul at the Grammy's - I swear I saw him wearing a 20"+ tahitian strand.

Back