Queen Maxima's State Visit to Germany

BWeaves

Queen Maxima of the Netherlands wore some gorgeous pearl earrings during her visit to Germany this week.

I love these peridot and freshwater pearl earrings. I wonder if they could be worn upside down, like climbers.

And I also love these Gold and White South Sea drop earrings.

image_70731.png

image_70732.png

Yes! I'm so glad you posted this photos, BWeaves. I saw them on another website but wasn't sure I'd be able to copy and paste them. I love seeing Max's clothing and jewelry choices. Sometimes they are a bit over the top, but mostly they are great fun. I LOVE the pearl and peridot earrings, and they look fabulous with her hat and dress. And those golden and white pearl earrings are luscious...they're a classic design but the size and mix of pearl colors make them unique. (I do wonder at her ability to wear large, probably heavy earrings.)

Very nice pearl jewelry pieces...and she is graceful, they look great on her. My favorite are the double SSPs...one golden and one white :)
Thanks for sharing!

She looks amazing in both pics! I am drooling over those SS drops, but I can't imagine how heavy they are (and clearly pearl weight is the only reason I can't wear royal jewelry :p)

She looks amazing in both pics! I am drooling over those SS drops, but I can't imagine how heavy they are (and clearly pearl weight is the only reason I can't wear royal jewelry :p)

LOL...and I have often wondered...do earlobes ache when wearing heavy earrings??? I imagine they are worn for short time periods or they have developed a unique "Stoic" attitude to jewelry and dress code. Inquiring minds want to know...

LOL...and I have often wondered...do earlobes ache when wearing heavy earrings??? .

Yes, yes they do. My earlobes have a 9 mm limit for comfort. I have bigger pearl earrings, but I definitely feel my earlobes ache after awhile with the bigger pearls.

G'day Dear Forum Members!
She's done it again...flashing pearls and jewelry!
2021-1202-maxima06.jpg?resize=1095%2C1536&ssl=1.jpg
Photo was taken at a Haarlem Museum visit. Tassel earrings with rubies!

I'm not a huge fan of the tassel earrings. They make my ears hurt and I'm not even wearing them.

LOL...Tassel and Coriander are the same: People either LOVE or HATE them...no in between!
Anyway: what kind of pearls do you think are used on these tassels??? Natural? Freshwater?

Hard to say. Could be smallish akoyas, difficult to say for sure but they do look roundish. Natural or freshwaters as well.

I'm in the same spot...they could be anything!

Back