Lady Gaga

I'm thinking they may be glass pearls, or shell pearls. But I may be wrong........

The longest necklace has big gaps between the pearls. Hmmm... ;)

Maybe they are "on wire" or have some small "swarowsky" kind of beads in between the pearks. Does not show on that light and black background :)

Maria

I agree with SheB. Unless they are plastic. That is too gum-ballish to be real anything.
Even Coco Chanel wore faux mixed in when she wanted to pile them on.

That is one very heavy necklace Rhianna is wearing. I'm thinking some had to be plastic for her to be able to wear them for any length of time. Last halloween I dressed up as a Pearl Queen with lavender, black, white, 100 in strands and several more 42 and 60 inch strands loved the look but after about one and a half hours my neck was hurting because of the weight of the pearls and I had to start taking some off.

Awesome! One way or another, regardless of our opinions...it is GREAT marketing for the pearl industry! Well, marketing and exposure nonetheless. As they do say..."Any press is good press!" It'd be nice to see something done as such with Tahitian Pearls, Lord knows that we have the stock to create something incredible!

Back