Silver, white sapphires and pearls

Heidi

From Elyria Sterling Jewelry, some nice clean designs using baroque FW pearls. This photo is their Queen's Ring.

Main website here: LINK

Attachments

• elyria sterling-TSC1-RNG-8-2T.jpg
    elyria sterling-TSC1-RNG-8-2T.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 25
Heidi that is just gorgeous - elegant simplicity...

I have known Elisa for many years... mostly as a pearl dealer of the finest Tahitian variety. It is nice to see her doing such a beautiful jewelry line! I am impressed!

It is also a cunning way to set a pearl in a ring where someone has full drilled the pearl before you got to it - would work well for earrings too

I have known Elisa for many years... mostly as a pearl dealer of the finest Tahitian variety. It is nice to see her doing such a beautiful jewelry line! I am impressed!

HA! I knew she had to be connected! The designs are all really well balanced and wearable.

To all gem experts out there,
I haven't seen white sapphire yet. Can you distinguish the difference between white sapphire and white diamond with naked eye? Are they cut the same way? Gotta go home and read R Wise's book again.

Hi Cathy -

To my eye they appear different in the color and quality of brilliance, but it also depends on the quality of the diamond you're using for comparison - stone, cut and setting. For cut, I have seen similar cut names used for both in jewelry. eg: brilliant, radiant, etc.. These terms are uses quite loosely in the retail world, of course, so you have to understand what you're looking at just as is the case with pearls.

To all gem experts out there,
I haven't seen white sapphire yet. Can you distinguish the difference between white sapphire and white diamond with naked eye? Are they cut the same way? Gotta go home and read R Wise's book again.

Hi Hanaleimom-

White Sapphire is going to refract light in a different way than diamonds, which are known for their full spectrum dispersion. The entire rainbow won't be present in the white sapphire, but it's a fantastic substitute if you can get your hands on it! I understand that the English Royals traditionally used white sapphire in their jewelry instead of diamonds. Currently a lot of the stones are being purchased for diffusion treatment- faux pads- that gorgeous sunset orangey-pink. Mmmm... Pad. :p

Last edited:
I absolutely LOVE those designs on the Elyria site- those are just gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing your discovery Heidi :)

Back