New way to wear a kasumi pearl

olmander

This is not about high fashion, rather about an unexpected combination of a kasumi pearl with dark gold.

I had for a couple of years a necklace from my jeweler Marcel - red gold multiple chain, which he in some mysterious way turned into dark gold, which looks very stylish and delishiously sparkling, but which for some reason I could not apply to my clothing. A couple of weeks ago I spotted a very interesting kasumi pearl by Druzy Design, which, I thought, could be a perfect extention of my dark gold.

And here it is. I would never think of putting a single pearl on a multiple chain but it looks to me very trendy. especially considering the natural colours of the pearl (bronze with green on one side and purple with pink on the other side)

Kasumipendant1-vi.jpg

Kasumipendant2-vi.jpg

Kasumipendant3-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Very pretty necklace. Love the pearl. I have seen many mentions of Druzy design where do I find them?

I love the combination, Olga! Nice and slightly edgy...great colors together...

Sheri

Well done, Olga. great combination indeed!

What a beautiful combination Olga! Wear it in good health.

Olga - That is a gorgeous combination and I think a fashionable one that will last.

Newberry - You will enjoy perusing those sellers' sites - they all have lovely selections.

Hi Olga,
that is a super combination, love the kasumi pearl and the oxidized gold chains together; they really play off each other. I think you have a very special jeweler in Marcel, the chains are quite cool/edgy (wish I could find something like that in the states) and your recent posting of the keishi pearl ring he did was truely unique!

Olga - that is beautiful. Black and pink together...just about my favourite!

SpaceNeedle - Thank you so much for posting the sites for me. I never would have found them. I made sure to book mark them all.

Don't you love it when you find something in your wardrobe that goes unbelievably well with something unexpected? That's smashing! ;)

Thanks everybody for good words!
I am really enjoying this new piece, although would never think of rearranging it in this way.

The chain is in fact much more outspoken than it shows on the photo, and this could be (subconsciously) one of the reasons why I always postponed wearing it in fear of being overdressed. But now the pearl partly catches attention and it feels more casual.

That is very pretty, Olmander. Good eye for matching the chain and pearl so far apart.

Back