Welcome spring with a pearl clutch

Wow! Thanks Akoya,

Those are adorable, but definitely out of my budget! Interesting use of the beautiful shells!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Hi Akoya
Is that your company?

I went over there and couldn't find a single pearl--even the two items that came up in the search were fake pearls. and both cost hundreds of dollars.

I give you and linked website a poor review and think you need to back-off with the advertising.

Hi Akoya
Is that your company?

I went over there and couldn't find a single pearl--even the two items that came up in the search were fake pearls. and both cost hundreds of dollars.

I give you and linked website a poor review and think you need to back-off with the advertising.

hi caitlin,
wished to have a company like that.No it is not my company.I am just a poor jewelry designer trying to express my anxieties,fantasies,and beauty through my work. I brought the clutches to the thread just to share with the rest the notion that there are other pearl perspectives.
Why so much nugging about the clutch prices. I saw some breathtaking pieces from the this site's vendors that run up to thousands of dollars. Why, you think that the work of a mother-of-pearl clutch should cost less? Anyway i think the clutches are FABULOUS.I have to admitt though that are too steep for my pocketbook.

:eek: WOW :eek:

Those are beautiful! I get net-a-porter emails myself, and totally missed that. I do think branding has something to do with the high price tag, along with the rarity of the clutch (how many clutches like that have we all seen? very few sadly..), but looking at the workmanship and materials, the price does seem to be fairly on target.

I particularly like the white mop clutch- it looks like one single piece of mop, with rough-cut Amythest at the top. Sheer Elegance...

dreaming away...

OK, I now understand your motive. Thanks.

I got an abalone card case at the gem show in Tucson this past February-- and an abalone covered pen. The card case was $15.00. I'll put up a picture when I find it-

I must admit I went into sticker shock with those clutch prices!!!

I don't blame you! I'd love to say that I have as great of an evening purse collection as I do shoes and pearls, but shoes are relatively inexpensive, and pearls I get at cost. Clutches are pie in the sky for me- I tend to schlep around the same ol purse everywhere I go... :eek: It's sad.

What fashion thing is worth what for whom is always debatable... There sure are lots of clutches and purses in that price range; and they seem to sell. [whites are 'sold out']

From the pictures it isn't very obvious how they are made. Lovely idea, methinks.

Well, here is my $15- knockoff....

Attachments

• Silk Challenge 019.jpg
    Silk Challenge 019.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 47
I like it!! The mosaic look is very eye-catching, and the colors are beautiful! Way to spend $15! :cool:

Must admit I love both the expensive version and your little clutch Caitlin. Did you notice some of the shapes look like expensive guitar picks? Well, to a player anyway. Make a great rock-n-roll clutch.
I never use my PP cards until I give something away, then I give the person a note telling them where the pearls come from and a card telling them how to care for them. It's so convenient!

I never use my PP cards until I give something away, then I give the person a note telling them where the pearls come from and a card telling them how to care for them. It's so convenient!

LOL - I actually keep the business cards I get with my pearls in my wallet for when people compliment me on my pearls. "They came from (insert vendor here)! Go visit their website! You'll love them!" Obviously I need to move them to a sweet little card case...

I like it!! The mosaic look is very eye-catching, and the colors are beautiful! Way to spend $15! :cool:

I too find it very pretty, especially the colours Caitlin, and I wish I could get something like it to put my cards in it and for such a good price....

Inge

My daughter Kether found it at the gem mall. She also bought me an abalone inlaid pen. they had both fountain and ballpoint pens. Kether thought she could sell the pens at work so she asked the guy to call her when he got more in. He just called. I will ask Kether what he will sell a dozen or so of the card cases for. Maybe I can offer them over here.

Hi Caitlin,

I remember the pens, but how did I miss the darling card case??? I would love one of those!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

I'll update when I get them. I think he had mother of pearl, too.

I won't sell then to Pearl Guiders at a profit- just cost plus postage.

If someone wants to sell them elsewhere, let me know and I'll send the dealer's contact info.

My daughter Kether found it at the gem mall. She also bought me an abalone inlaid pen. they had both fountain and ballpoint pens. Kether thought she could sell the pens at work so she asked the guy to call her when he got more in. He just called. I will ask Kether what he will sell a dozen or so of the card cases for. Maybe I can offer them over here.

Yes please, put me on your list Caitlin!
:)

oooOh, yes! I love those card cases and would definitely buy one! :)

Okay- I am the third AYE here- send me a PM when you know something more; I'd be more than happy to send you my info ;)

Back