John Tu's Pearls

Here are the two other colors. They were all eight dollars a strand.
I am making up for not getting much in the way of dyed colors! ;)

Green...
green.jpg
green1.jpg

And a hard to describe reddish purplish bronzish color...
red1.jpg
red.jpg

more coming...

John had a huge markdown on these pearls. Bead nukes, I know, but I had to have them!

These are some mighty scruffy klonks...
klonks1.jpg
klonks.jpg
klonks closeup.jpg

Here are some purple fireballs, also pretty scruffy, but cool! :cool:
bead purple.jpg
bead purple1.jpg

more coming...

Here are my favorites. ;) I bought a couple of strands when they cost five times as much! They are orange pink-red. You can see the color better in the second photo.

Yes, there is the occasional hole in the nacre and "stuff", but oh well! :D
bead rd orange.jpg
bead rd or close.jpg

And I like this color...
bead green.jpg

more coming...

Lastly, here are some black-multi colors that shift with changes in light...

bead black.jpg

bead black1.jpg

bead black2.jpg

Thanks for indulging me in my latest pearl photo frenzy! ;)

Oh GemGeek, your pearls are beautiful! I especially love the dark stick pearls with the greens, golds and browns. What are you planning to do with them?

pearllove said:
Oh GemGeek, your pearls are beautiful! I especially love the dark stick pearls with the greens, golds and browns. What are you planning to do with them?

Thanks! I'm interspersing them with these beads.

(taken at night, so a little yellowish) ;)

beads.jpg

Can you post pictures of the necklace when it's done? I would love to see the finished necklace.

Ugh! That photo was terrible. Here is what they really look like. ;)
beads good color.jpg

I don't know when I'll make it, but I'll post it so you can see it. This is one of those times when the pearls are so pretty that I don't have to do much with them. Thank goodness!

Hi Blaire and all,

Well, some Fab choices in beads, and great prices too! Good thing John Tu is off on a buying trip or there would be nuthin left by the time the next Portland Gem Faire happens! It will be fun to see what all you make, Blaire, and of course, you know I am just kidding. Love those big funky pearls!!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Lovely pearls, Gemgeek,
Can't wait to see another stick pearl necklace. The greens are gorgeous.

pearllove said:
Thanks GemGeek.:) By the way, where do you sell your jewelry?

I have a website, but I'm not promoting it. I mostly sell jewelry directly to people I know or do shows & parties. Because of the flood at my house, it is very hard to do anything around here, so I haven't been making much jewelry. I have a boutique that is interested in purchasing from me, so I'll probably work up a summer line for them in the spring.

My main goal is to finish my Graduate Gemologist coursework and get a diploma. ;)

Thanks everyone, for the nice comments!

Keeping us in suspense! And they say I'm knotty! Website, please!

La Pandita, you should wait until I can put some nice new stuff on the website. You know how shy I am! :eek:

Blaire's pearls

Blaire's pearls

GemGeek said:
John Tu?s Pearls, continued?

Thanks for indulging me in another photo-story.;)

Blaire, aka GemGeek

What a delightful expereince that was! Thanks so much, Blaire.

Morna

bead nucleated freshwaters

bead nucleated freshwaters

GemGeek said:
John Tu?s Pearls, continued?

Are fwp's often bead nucleated then? Is there a rule of thumb?

Morna

Thanks! Bead-nucleated freshwater pearls are a tiny percentage of freshwater pearls produced. They are getting better, but are still fairly easy to spot, even when they don't have tails.

Gemfaire is coming to San Francisco in March. I can't wait to check out his booth :)

Gemfaire is coming to San Francisco in March. I can't wait to check out his booth :)

It's fun to see the pearls go from unfinished strands...
35%20mine[1].jpg

To wearable jewelry...
tahitian set.jpg

Tell John I said "hi"! ;)

Cheers,
Blaire

Back