John Tu's Pearls

Blaire, tell John he CAN retire. He can sit at home and still have his business with us PGers online. We don't need fancy. Since you began talking about him, I wished he came to my area.

Seriously. All he needs is a place to post photos, access to email and a way to get paid.

Seriously. All he needs is a place to post photos, access to email and a way to get paid.

The gal that helps him when he comes down south is a web designer, so it certainly would be possible. I'll talk to him about it when I see him. I know Knotty would love it. Really, he could email photos and take pay pal. But it's more fun to paw his pearls in person! :D

John sez he thinks about it--but the difficult part is that he travels so much with the Gem Faire, even though he doesn't go to every city on the circuit. He mentioned he would be gone all of April-------then another buying trip to China in May---------I totally agree we could keep him pretty busy!

John sez he thinks about it--but the difficult part is that he travels so much with the Gem Faire, even though he doesn't go to every city on the circuit. He mentioned he would be gone all of April-------then another buying trip to China in May---------I totally agree we could keep him pretty busy!

Hmm... checking for payments and mailing pearls or emailing about delay due to travel is a TERRIBLE job. He'd have a hard time finding help, no doubt. No one would ever do it in exchange for a few strands of pearls and the learning experience. :D

Pattye - I looove the colors of your metallic Keshis. I'll be keeping my eyes on your website :).

I love those centre drilled keishi. The only problem with them (and I have some too and don't know what to do with them) is that if you stack them as in the temp strands all the stunning beauty of their surface is lost since all you see is the edges.
I have lain awake at night trying to work out how to rivet them somehow...

OK... I fell in love with Pattye's Keshis as soon as I saw the photos posted here. So, I ordered a strand as soon as it was available on her website. I cannot find appropriate words to describe the beauty of these pearls. The intense metallic colors on these pearls are truly AMAZING!!!!.

picture.php

picture.php

Yes, your pearls sure are lovely! ;) I was too tired to go to the Gem Faire today, so I missed John again. I certainly would have loved getting some pretty keshi like yours.

I'm on a grueling schedule from April 13th through April 28th, taking a night lab at GIA after work. I've been averaging five hours of sleep a night, which isn't good for me, but I can't avoid it. Yesterday I was at GIA Carlsbad again for the Sinkankas Symposium on spinel. It was wonderful, but I'm whooped! I opted to sleep late today and catch up on things so I could be ready for next week.

Thanks for the awesome photos.
Cheers,
Blaire

I suddenly remembered that I bought some big pond slime pearls from John. They run in the 11mm range and are in earthy colors or lavenders, although it can be hard to tell by the fading light I used. I also bought the pearls in my wire bracelet at the same time. ;)

Hope you like seeing them...

These are the earthy ones...
DSCN2455.jpg

These are lavenders, although it isn't coming across well...
DSCN2456.jpg

DSCN2457.jpg

And the strands thrown together...
DSCN2458.jpg

DSCN2459.jpg

I'm planning on having some fun. I need to come up with a pre-holiday inventory, so I added these into the mix.

Cheers,
Blaire

There's a certain appeal on unpolished pearls...It definitely would look well on wire works.

Pattye, any chance that you will be buying some extra "goodies" for your Etsy site? I guarantee I would be happy to make some purchases of the strands you would choose not to design with for yourself...

Well, here we go again---gem show this weekend, and John had some of his very special new purchases with him and allowed me to take photos---unfortunately, none of these went home with me-----------:( Looks like the tags sez 12-14mm, and that would be perpendicular to the drill hole, longer than that in length.

first, really lovely bead nucleated, sorry I didn't have a mm gauge with me----------and my quick shots don't do the pearls justice at all--------IMGP2392_resize.jpg

IMGP2393_resize.jpg

As we have noted before, very Kasumi-like pearls----------

Last edited:
And the amazing strand John Tu hand picked each pearl for, it is extra long--the most Amazing colors, truly some of the most unusual and well matched and huge pearls I will ever see the likes of, I am sure -------------unbelievable purple to green-gold overtones and more! (These are bead nucleated, of course.)

A couple of the pearls were strung wrong side front, the back side of these pearls, shown in the last photo is more lavender silver, very consistent.

IMGP2396_resize.jpg

IMGP2397_resize.jpg

IMGP2398_resize.jpg

Oh how I wish these were in my budget!!!!!!

More pics of my purchases in a few------------------

Mmmmm, those photos look pretty darn fine to me. Those keshi look like pondslime heaven! ;)

Back