Pearl garland necklace

aerinha

I wanted to share a description of a necklace I saw at a local jeweler while having work done on some rings. I couldn't get a pic because they wouldn't allow it. It featured what I'd gauge to be 9-10mm round white pearls strung with about 2 inches pale pink, pale blue and pale green translucent gems cut to look like flower petals (my guess is a modified briolette cut) and strung to the rounded tops went in different directions like leaves. It looked like a wreath or mermaid jewelry.

aerinha said:
I wanted to share a description of a necklace I saw at a local jeweler while having work done on some rings. I couldn't get a pic because they wouldn't allow it. It featured what I'd gauge to be 9-10mm round white pearls strung with about 2 inches pale pink, pale blue and pale green translucent gems cut to look like flower petals (my guess is a modified briolette cut) and strung to the rounded tops went in different directions like leaves. It looked like a wreath or mermaid jewelry.

Wow, I feel some necklaces coming on:) I have a lot of Czech glass leaf beads and cz briolettes. Unfortunately, I'll be too busy since I'm leaving for two weeks on Sunday.

You know, it could be fun to have a necklace "challenge". Someone throws out an idea, and those of us who make jewelry can make our own variations.

Beaders???:)

Cheers,
Blaire

That sounds like a good idea.

I was afraid to even ask the price of this necklace as I suspect the petals were aquamarine and pale pink sapphires.

http://www.marcobicego.com/en/site_mini.html

I believe the Retail price on a necklace by this designer would start at 5K-

I have seen similar designs like you've described (Marco Bicego's Paradise Collection in 18K...) and must admit I've been interested in doing something along those lines over the last couple of months, and yes, using semi precious briolettes! I really like the way that my first love (faceted gemstones) mixes and compliments my latest love- pearls. The differences in color, textures and light play is wonderful! The problem is, it gets REALLY expensive to work with that many gems and gold! :(

Thanks Ashley for posting that website. I "drooled" over everything:)

The wire wrap briolette earrings are something I have been working on, on a smaller scale. I have some gemstone briolettes, but I have masses of CZ briolettes from Tucson which go very well with FPs.

Fortunately, I don't have to make anything in volume, but it makes things easier to have duplicates of the more popular items.

Keep those websites coming!

Cheers,
Blaire

Smooth briolettes do not sound like an expensive proposition - especially small ones.

I am not sure if I get the right picture of the necklace you describe... (like to dream with the eyes open though!)

How about these? They aren't even pearls....

7-19 mm silver beads from the 'Gamma' series by Robert Lee Morris:

lg_2N0043SS.jpg

'Told you I like things graduated allot... maybe too much so. ;)

Briolettes as a rule generally aren't very expensive (depending on gem type and quality and especially in comparison to their faceted counterparts!) but still, to create jewelry on a commercial scale with the goods... the cost does add up quickly - and lets not forget 14K gold hovering at $660.00 currently!! :eek: Will it ever end?? Ahhh at least it's not $750 like last year!

My current quotes for semi-precious briolettes are for hanks of 30-35pieces at 8x6mm:
Amythest: Approximately $30-35.00
Citrine: Approximately $75.00
Blue Topaz: Approximately $140.00!!! :eek: this blows me away due to the recent controversy surrounding the gems and their treatments, but I digress.

Prices are not that bad when you break it down individually, but then I can't buy individually :rolleyes:

Holy smokes, Ashley! I thought my supplier was pricey! I'm sending her an e-mail right now and saying thanks! I've been getting your wholesale pricing for very small quantities.

Back