Pearl Sightings

E Curley

Community member
Anyone else notice a sudden increase in pearl advertising/appearances?

May's Instyle magazine has two shots of Sharon Stone wearing either two separate or one double strand of what I presume to be Tahitians- makes me want Tahitians!

There are pages of pearl ads all over Veranda for May/June and Town & Country's June issue. More noticeable than in the past for certain.

In last night's Entourage (HBO) episode (I know, I know) Ari's wife's character wore a loooong pearl rope that was knotted near waist level.

Is it a seasonal spring thing (Mother's Day, June Weddings, garden luncheons, etc.)? Am I just paying more attention this spring?

I wonder if it's seasonal too. Maybe a Spring thing? I also noticed Sharon Stones Tahitians.

Although not so long ago Israelis considered pearls old fashioned, pearl awareness here increased tremendously due to the very frequent visits of the US Secretary of the State, Condoleezza Rice, as well as coverage of Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi on TV.

Growing tourism to China is also a factor. Our tourists buy lots of FWP there and also golden SSP and Tahitians despite the price (or maybe they don't know better).

Personally Pearls are more popular than ever, to many what was once "old fashioned" also has a level of "Class and sophisitcation" ti it coming back into the limelight. and pearls seem to be more affordable now than ever before. Pearls are teh "it gem" this year it goes in comes & goes in spurts.

Cheers
Ash

On this year's "Apprentice" the contestant's would flip back and forth between strands of Akoya and GSSP. In the past seasons, I had never noticed pearls before. They always wore diamonds or gold.

Back