Seerious Bling

pearlescence

purveyor of pearls UK/EU
If you want to see some serious bling...HM Queen held a state banquet for visiting Dutch royal family (Hi Cees!) 0_BANNER-Kate-Middleton_1857JPG.jpg
Quoting from the daily mirror
Kate Middleton thrilled royal fans by wearing Princess Diana's tiara at a State Banquet at Buckingham Palce.

The Duchess of Cambridge wore a kingfisher blue Alexander McQueen dress for the event in honour of the King and Queen of the Netherlands.

Royal fans believe her necklace is from Queen Alexandra's Wedding Parure, which was a gift from Albert Edward, Prince of Wales, ahead of their wedding in 1863.

Kate opted to pair the necklace with Princess Diana's Cambridge Lover’s Knot tiara and the Princess of Wales' Collingwood Pearl Drop Earrings.

Her opulent jewels accentuated her kingfisher blue gown by Alexander McQueen.

But Queen Maxima of the Netherlands 'outblinged' all the guests by wearing the incredible diamond Stuart tiara.
he Queen Mother was also a fan of the necklace Kate wore and was pictured wearing it at a recital at the Royal College of Music in 1989.

Queen Alexandra's wedding set included a large diamond tiara plus a diamond and pearl necklace, set of earrings, and brooch.

The tiara, popularly known as the "Rundell" Tiara, no longer exists the remaining jewels were split between royal ladies for a time but are now reunited in The Queen's collection.

Kate also wore the Royal Family Order for the second time, made of glass rather than ivory.

She attended the event with Prince William, who walked with Prime Minister Theresa May in the procession before dinner.
The dinner is being held in honour of the King and Queen of the Netherlands who are making a state visit to the UK.

The Queen wore the Cullinan III and IV Brooch, part of the Cullinan Diamond, which was cut in the Netherlands. She also wore the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara.

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima arrived today and are staying with the Queen at Buckingham Palace for two days.

Queen Maxima looked stunning in an ethereal dark green gown and made sure all eyes were on her by wearing the diamond Stuart Tiara.

That is some serious bling!!! The Stuart Tiara is beautiful but it has to be heavy & uncomfortable to wear. I love the Lover's Knot Tiara paired with the Diana's Collingwood Pearl earrings & Queen Alexandra's necklace. It's a perfect pairing to go with the blue of her dress. She looked stunning!

I love tiara's, especially ones with pearls. I would have one but I would look silly in one because I don't think they fit my personality.

Last edited:
I love tiara's, especially ones with pearls. I would have one but I would look silly in one because I don't think they fit my personality.

I disagree. Pearls and tiaras go together perfectly. I think you'd be perfect in a tiara.

I disagree. Pearls and tiaras go together perfectly. I think you'd be perfect in a tiara.

If I were to wear a tiara, it would be a pearl & diamond one. Pearl tiaras have always been my favorite!
Honestly, I would love to see a Tahitian & diamond tiara!

Last edited:
Seeing the Cullinan III & IV brooch in a live shot is a gem nerd's fantasy come true and knowing it was worn specifically for the occasion proves the attention to detail and the Queen's sense of history is very strong.

Interesting trivia. Only HM and the crown jeweller are allowed to touch the Imperial State Crown.

Back